butlerino

Aug 11, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have a male and female alexandrine. They have recently been mating often and both hiding away in their nest box but the male will always stay in there like he is guarding it or something. I always see the female but the male only comes out to eat. Is this normal?

Thanks for your help, this is my first time breeding alexandrines so all information is helpful

Mchal

Dec 7, 2011
Parrots
Bertram - Alexandrine Parrot
Hiya! Sorry I don't have any advice for you! I have never bred birds before, but I thought I would just suggest maybe you post this in another section like behaviour. A lot more people will be looking at that forum and I'm sure there will be some one there to help you out :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Hey butlerino, yeah that's pretty normal,. I'm no expert on Alex's but that's normal breeding behavior. When she starts sitting eggs he'll be out front guarding the box.

Most Reactions

Latest posts