Aluminium Cages

yann

Oct 19, 2013
i've decided to get a new cage for my 2 sun conures and was considering aluminum cages since they are also anti-rust like stainless steel cages and so much cheaper!!but i was wondering if anyone uses aluminum cages too?Are they as safe as other cages?coz i hardly see anyone using such cages.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/ALUMINUM-PARROT-ACF3325-african-eclectus/dp/B00B96FW5W/ref=pd_sim_sbs_petsupplies_8]Amazon.com: KINGS CAGES FLAT TOP ALUMINUM PARROT CAGE ACF3325 bird toy toys african grey amazon eclectus (SILVER, FLAT TOP): Pet Supplies[/ame]

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I didn't get a Aluminum cage because there's a lot of discussions on the issue of it being toxic. But so far from my understanding is they have to ingest it. But the cage itself doesn't flake from the sound of it. Never seen one in person nor know anyone using it so I couldn't give you any details on it. But from the way my big birds chew, I shy away from it and going to buy them a stainless steel one later on....

OP
Y

yann

Oct 19, 2013
my conures aren't too big on destroying their cages so i'll probably seriously consider an aluminum cage. yeah i understand that many people feel that it is not safe, but i'm under the impression that any metal ingested is going to be toxic also. i would love to get a stainless steel cage but the prices are just too steep!!:(

dragonlady2

Oct 3, 2010
Canada
Parrots
Eclectus-Willy, Alexandrine-Oliver, Two Barrabands -Joey and Peewee, Plumhead-Peanut, Senegal-Mookie, Australian King-Bella, Peachfront conure-Peachygirl, Crimson belly conure-Pepper, Parrotlette
I have an aluminum cage for my Sennie who chewed the paint off his last cage. I have had it for a year now. It's easy to clean, lightweight, he isn't chewing it because I think the bars are thicker and food doesn't stick so much to the cage. I wish I could afford to get the rest of mu birds aluminum cages.

GeoFish

Feb 5, 2014
Dragonlady2

I am considering a Kings aluminum cage.
I read somewhere on the internet that they are harder to clean than stainless or powder coated cages.
What are you thoughts?

Thanks for any feedback you can give me.

GeoFish

Most Reactions