Anybody in my area?

It's Kev

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
none yet
Hi all, i've recently became interested in birds and noticed that the variety of parrots available in china is quite limited. I'm not chinese so i'm unaware of any policies or laws regarding bird trade. is anybody able to shed light onto this?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Laws and regulations in China can change at a snap of a finger.
The last I heard, Parrots in China cannot be exported, and especially by non-residents. So, do not obtain any pet as you will have to leave them behind you.

OP
I

It's Kev

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
none yet
Laws and regulations in China can change at a snap of a finger.
The last I heard, Parrots in China cannot be exported, and especially by non-residents. So, do not obtain any pet as you will have to leave them behind you.
Been here for 8 years, havenā€™t been home in 4, and got married here, so I am kinda tied down

OP
I

It's Kev

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
none yet
Well then, thanks for having me
How do I delete or close an account?

Last edited:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
The Thread will rotate off the board and will find a place in history, as it may just help someone else that is in a like position. Your account will become inactive.

Pay close attention to changing positions of Government as your position may end and your visa not renewed.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Hi all, i've recently became interested in birds and noticed that the variety of parrots available in china is quite limited. I'm not chinese so i'm unaware of any policies or laws regarding bird trade. is anybody able to shed light onto this?

Sorry you didnā€™t get many replies! While there are many members from all over the world, I canā€™t think of any active members from China right now specifically. I wish I could help more.

Googling it however did bring to light some info:

So it looks like your choice of companion bird is limited to cockatiels, budgies or lovebirds, if that article is correct. Again, Iā€™m not in China, and I also have no idea what part of China you are in.

I have a friend who lived and married in China before moving to the US with his wife (and I believe her mother), but they didnā€™t keep pets while they lived there, so that likely wouldnā€™t help you. In fact, I donā€™t know non-forum members who currently reside in China who has a pet- probably because theyā€™re US xpats, and might return, which isnā€™t your situation as youā€™ve stated.

Most Reactions

Latest posts