RingneckRave

Aug 16, 2023
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Bluey - Indian ringneck
Sunny - Indian ringneck

Conny - Sun Conure (my sister's bird)
Soon to own a second sun conure
So I've noticed something with my two, they make this noise that sounds like a growl and in the exact kind of context you'd expect it to be. When they're irritated, or annoyed, they make this growl sound to express that. It's like a little warning that they're uncomfy and to back off. Usually it's Sunny towards Bluey if he's trying to flirt when she's just not in the mood.

I'm not concerned, I'm just wondering if anyone else's ringneck (or asiatics in general) does this kind of growl?? I've asked people before and they don't seem to have noticed it with theirs

I have a video below you might wanna turn up the volume but you should be able to hear it!

Attachments

• filtered-6185A36D-C569-4FAF-A81D-3FDCC46F4564 (1).mov
    2.6 MB

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Yes, absolutely. That's my Slaty's unhappy/nervous/uncomfortable sound. First time he saw me he growled at me 😅. I'll always say it was justified though, poor dude travelled across the country.

LoveOfallAnimals

Jul 17, 2022
Texas
Parrots
Eclectus - Female - Tequila
Red-Lored Amazon - Male - Tito
Albino Indian Ringneck - Female - Tia
So I've noticed something with my two, they make this noise that sounds like a growl and in the exact kind of context you'd expect it to be. When they're irritated, or annoyed, they make this growl sound to express that. It's like a little warning that they're uncomfy and to back off. Usually it's Sunny towards Bluey if he's trying to flirt when she's just not in the mood.

I'm not concerned, I'm just wondering if anyone else's ringneck (or asiatics in general) does this kind of growl?? I've asked people before and they don't seem to have noticed it with theirs

I have a video below you might wanna turn up the volume but you should be able to hear it!
Tia growls when she is upset with something. She is the only parrot I have that does this. I have been told Amazons will growl too, but mine never has. Neither has my female Eclectus. Tia my Indian ringneck is the spiciest of all my parrots.🤣

Most Reactions

Latest posts