Ascorbic and Citric Acids? And picky eater tips?

Flowerfairy136

Jan 11, 2013
Vicksburg, Ms
Parrots
Hugo the Umbrella Cockatoo
My U2 Hugo is uber picky. He likes apples and applesauce but I can't get him to even try anything else unless it's in puree form, he'll barely even mess with apples unless they are too. So now I'm trying to get him to branch out and try new things. I plan on making my own puree if I have to, and then trying to move him to small diced cubes, but for right now I'm just trying to determine what else he likes so I've been trying to test him out with baby foods. I'm only looking at organic ones and checking the ingredients to make sure there isn't anything but fruits, veggies, and water, but I can't seem to find any that don't have Citric and/or Ascorbic acid in them. It's always the last ingredient listed. Is it ok for him to have this? And if so, how often can he have it? is it ok for a daily basis or not?

Also, does anyone else have a bird that's this picky? How do you deal with it? Any tips?

I'm wondering the same thing about the ascorbic and citric acids. I can't find a single baby food without added vitamin C.

My U2 Hugo is uber picky. He likes apples and applesauce but I can't get him to even try anything else unless it's in puree form, he'll barely even mess with apples unless they are too. So now I'm trying to get him to branch out and try new things. I plan on making my own puree if I have to, and then trying to move him to small diced cubes, but for right now I'm just trying to determine what else he likes so I've been trying to test him out with baby foods. I'm only looking at organic ones and checking the ingredients to make sure there isn't anything but fruits, veggies, and water, but I can't seem to find any that don't have Citric and/or Ascorbic acid in them. It's always the last ingredient listed. Is it ok for him to have this? And if so, how often can he have it? is it ok for a daily basis or not?

Also, does anyone else have a bird that's this picky? How do you deal with it? Any tips?

Mine are super picky also. I have to eat every new thing in front of them over and over. Do you have a juicer? If you do, try offering the pulp from the juicer with a little juice mixed in. First some greens, then carrots, then a beet, then some apple slices. It ends up red, rich and sweet and they seem to love the fine shredded texture.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back