Aster's thread

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Got some updates on Aster, I believe shes down to two hand feedings a day and is eating chop.

IMG_6356.jpg
IMG_6355.jpg

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Finally got the rest of the supplies I need for Aster in. A new scale and i splurged a little to get one with a perch on it. A new carrier. And then I got her the cute little toy below that I intend to train her with.
20210908_133749.jpg

Also the breeder posted some new pictures of her and her sister. I'm not quiet sure which is Aster but shes one of them. I think shes the first one but I could be wrong.
Screenshot_20210908-095234_Facebook.jpg

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
So Aster is ready to come home! but its earlier than I thought itd be. So I plan to pick her up on Saturday (still trying to get in contact with breeder to work that out) but I had a small trip planned with my friends through next week and it's too late to cancel. My parents will be home to take care of her and the other birds but I really hate that it timed out like this.

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Cannot wait to hear (read) more about Aster in the future! What a gorgeous girly!

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Aster has been picked up! I intend to make a series of videos of her going forward but for now she will sit in the cage for a couple days and adjust to the new environment before I try to handle her. She is hand tame but I dont expect her to open up to me immediately
20210923_173357.jpg

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Owlet, congratulations! She is absolutely stunning :love:

Welcome to the flock, lovely Aster, what a precious little flower you are!

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Home safe and sound. poor girl is terrified she wouldnt step up but she let me just pick her up and put her in the cage. I'll give her a few days then start the bonding process. And then once shes good with me and done with quarantine I'll start the process of introducing her to Apollo and moving her into the bird room.
20210923_190212.jpg

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Home safe and sound. poor girl is terrified she wouldnt step up but she let me just pick her up and put her in the cage. I'll give her a few days then start the bonding process. And then once shes good with me and done with quarantine I'll start the process of introducing her to Apollo and moving her into the bird room.
20210923_190212.jpg
How gorgeous she is! I am sure she will settle right in in a couple of days!

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
So, while I'm at work I have my mom and dad change our bird food (chop to pellets) and my mom decided to start loving on and petting aster even though I was planning on just letting her hang out and adjust for a couple days. Aster seemed content so I decided to take her out when I got home. It's mostly gone okay but Aster has decided she just wants to bite my hands. so step up needs work and biting needs work. But she doesnt seem to want to hurt me it seems like shes just playing.

Heres a short video of her preening on my knee

Most Reactions

Latest posts