Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
This Month's Theme...

"Words Unspoken"

Inspired by the first Sunday of August being National Psychic Day, let's explore the non-verbal communication our birds show us. The looks they give you when they know what you're about to do, or their reaction when they know what's on your mind. (Some of us might also call this... BODY LANGUAGE :) )

It's all part of that psychic connection we have with them. This is the month to celebrate just how tuned in our feathered babies truly are!

gRHxiTH.jpg

"Seriously Dad, you're taking my picture like THIS!??? It's embarrassing!"

5mHRFB1.jpg

"Look at me, I'm Freeeeeeee!!!"

yujKB57.jpg

"You WILL submit to my superior intellect!"

lgFR8FB.jpg

"Ummmmm, a little privacy please..."

cD5EfUp.jpg

"I love you Daddy"

The contest will run from now until the morning of August 29th (Eastern USA time) at which time there will be a three day polling period. Winner will be announced the morning of September 1st. The winner will receive a free, one year Premium Membership to Parrot Forums, and the winning entry will be displayed on the forum homepage for the following month.

Only one "Official Entry" per person, however, you may submit as many "Just for Fun" entries as you like! Photoshopped images will be allowed, but not required.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Jon, what a fun theme! I have a feeling that we are going to see many fantastic pictures this month, and learn from each other at the same time.

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Thanks guys! I hope everyone can have fun with this one. Sooo many possibilities :)

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I hope, this time here will be more etries than just 2:D
Zenek when I came back from my 3rd trip:
"I'M SO ANGRY!! It's already been the 3rd time this year when you left me here for few days!! These papers were important for you when you were out, weren't they? Look what I did!"

file.php

Last edited:
OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
"I'M SO ANGRY!! It's already been the 3rd time this year when you left me here for few days!! These papers were important for you when you were out, isn't it? Look what I did!"

file.php
Thanks, Roz! Wow, Zenek does have fire in his eyes there. I can't imagine you ever being mad at that cute little face though. Even with all that anger, he still looks as innocent as can be. "I'm mad at you, but you love me anyway!" :)

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
"I'M SO ANGRY!! It's already been the 3rd time this year when you left me here for few days!! These papers were important for you when you were out, weren't they? Look what I did!"

file.php

But you psychically knew Zenek would chew important papers so copies were made, right? :D

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure

file.php

But you psychically knew Zenek would chew important papers so copies were made, right? :D
No, they weren't important any longer;)

OP
saxguy64

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
***Just for fun!!***

Gonzo leaving no doubt a beat-down about to occur!!

jsj9b1F.jpg
Whoa! A beat down with a club? I'd be afraid to walk by THAT face lol!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
That look in Gonzo's eye is one with which I am all too familiar. HRH requires only her needle sharp beak as a weapon!!

htsWyIX.jpg

"TO WAR!!!!!" she cries!

Definitely birds of a feather. Gonzo's breakout biting episode was directly to the jugular! Immediately afterward, he uttered "Uh oh" for the first time at my home!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure

I might not have noticed, honestly. I had been out of touch for a bit and was sorta hurrying through posts and stuff to catch up. Thanks for keeping me up to speed.
Well, I suppose a pair can make a party, if there's enough party in the pair... :)
It was still fun!

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Unfortunately I don?t have many photos of my current flock showing their body language.
But I do have many adorable photos of Rainbow Bridge Pip with beautifully cute body language.
It was hard to choose between a few photos but I have decided to enter this one:
lwdd5FL.jpg

’Thanks for helping me feel a little bit better mum’

He was such a sweetheart, I still miss his little face xxx

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Unfortunately I don?t have many photos of my current flock showing their body language.
But I do have many adorable photos of Rainbow Bridge Pip with beautifully cute body language.
It was hard to choose between a few photos but I have decided to enter this one:
lwdd5FL.jpg

'Thanks for helping me feel a little bit better mum'

He was such a sweetheart, I still miss his little face xxx

Oh Hannah, itty bitty baby birdies don't come much sweeter than your Pip was. That look on his little face says that you meant the whole world to him :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts