AVIAN INSURANCE IN ONTARIO

Safamirza๐Ÿค

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello! I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and was wondering if someone has any information on avian Insurance.

Is avian insurance even provided here? Does anyone know of any good insurance companies?

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
Hello! I live in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada and was wondering if someone has any information on avian Insurance.

Is avian insurance even provided here? Does anyone know of any good insurance companies?
Wait, is there such a thing? Genuinely curious because Iโ€™ve always only known out of pocket pay when it comes to pets in veterinary services.

OP
Safamirza๐Ÿค

Safamirza๐Ÿค

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Wait, is there such a thing? Genuinely curious because Iโ€™ve always only known out of pocket pay when it comes to pets in veterinary services.
Yes you can get insurance for your pets :)! But I think itโ€™s more hard to find insurance for more exotic animals

OP
Safamirza๐Ÿค

Safamirza๐Ÿค

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
How much you're paying and which company you're using?
I have tried to find insurance for pet birds, but I canโ€™t. A friend told me you can get insurance for chickens or something, so will it count for my bird?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Quite a few people start up a separate bank account for emergencies and arrange for ?? dollars from their pay to be diverted to is every time they are paid. I would think this might take a bit of discipline, probably more than I'd have myself, but the upside would be that you'd never have to deal with an insurance company who might be looking for a loophole so they don't have to honour a claim.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
How much you're paying and which company you're using?
We haven't done anything yet... sadly, it's hard to find insurance for budgies.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Let's Stop for Just a Moment!
Insurance is Big Business and Highly Profitable Big Business!!
If you run the numbers, you quickly determine you are money ahead by self Insuring, by either working with your Vet or as noted above, setting-up a Bank account.

If you want to buy insurance, first start with your Vet, as insurance is useless if your Vet will not accept it!! They will provide a Name or Names of those organization they will work with.

Most Reactions

Latest posts