Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
He isn't wheezing, and the whistling sound isn't coming from his nostrils anymore. He is still itching his nostrils some. I am guessing it's from him sticking his claws in them, and rubbing them against the bars of his cage. I was going to give it a few days to see if it calms back down to his usual.
Sending prayers to him that it will calm back down soon. Please let us know how he is doing:)

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Thank you so much, the more vets we can add the better!
Okay.. heard back from the Parrot Club! Turns out Whiteridge vet is the only other vet in the city of Winnipeg in Manitoba, Canada.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Okay.. heard back from the Parrot Club! Turns out Whiteridge vet is the only other vet in the city of Winnipeg in Manitoba, Canada.
Thank you for checking, I'll add them now if they aren't there:)

Squeeing_Onion

Oct 10, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
"Bongo" - Green Cheek Conure
“Echo” - Indian Ringneck
"Chicken" - Sun Conure, rest in peace, my precious friend.
@Terry57 - I'd like to contribute a Minnesota veterinarian clinic!

East Centeral Veterinarians, located in both Mora and Cambridge MN.

I bring all my animals here, now.

I used to go to the Garrison Animal Hospital, but after a bad experience with my Sun Conure there (they lopped two of his claws off WAY too short during a simple trim and caused severe bleeding and pain, and this after clipping a toenail to draw blood for a DNA test! And I'm not talking a little snip oopsie I got the quick, I'm talking half the claw hacked off super-short and it took months and months for them to grow back out!) In full fairness, it's been five or so years since that experience, so I hope they have better Avian vets there now. I am very happy with the one I've since found and have had no reason to try them again and find out.

I bring my birds to see Dr.Pust at the Cambridge location; I wish I could find more info about her online, but I can't for the life of me remember her first name to look her up. She takes the time to really look at my birds, handles them with equally great care and skill, and goes at the bird's pace during the checkup.

Bongo actually perched on her finger for the first time in all her vet visits over the last three years!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
@Terry57 - I'd like to contribute a Minnesota veterinarian clinic!

East Centeral Veterinarians, located in both Mora and Cambridge MN.

I bring all my animals here, now.

I used to go to the Garrison Animal Hospital, but after a bad experience with my Sun Conure there (they lopped two of his claws off WAY too short during a simple trim and caused severe bleeding and pain, and this after clipping a toenail to draw blood for a DNA test! And I'm not talking a little snip oopsie I got the quick, I'm talking half the claw hacked off super-short and it took months and months for them to grow back out!) In full fairness, it's been five or so years since that experience, so I hope they have better Avian vets there now. I am very happy with the one I've since found and have had no reason to try them again and find out.

I bring my birds to see Dr.Pust at the Cambridge location; I wish I could find more info about her online, but I can't for the life of me remember her first name to look her up. She takes the time to really look at my birds, handles them with equally great care and skill, and goes at the bird's pace during the checkup.

Bongo actually perched on her finger for the first time in all her vet visits over the last three years!
Thank you for this additions! I got it added, along with a star showing you recommend them:)

Squeeing_Onion

Oct 10, 2018
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
"Bongo" - Green Cheek Conure
“Echo” - Indian Ringneck
"Chicken" - Sun Conure, rest in peace, my precious friend.
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I just got it and will add it now:) If I don't add things immediately I forget..lol

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
I think Como Park Animal Hospital is different from the zoo (I've driven by a couple times in case I need to use them). If I remember right they're in Roseville, not St Paul, but it sure is nice to have 24 hour care available in the metro!

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Advise which veterinarian is better if a pet's wing is broken (namely in Canada)
Probably Winrose would be the better of the two vets if a wing is broken. They specialize in small animal surgeries, which includes birds.

May 20, 2023
California, USA
Parrots
Talking Fancy Lutino Parakeet, 2yrs old- 37 word vocabulary. Named Otto Von Ruthless
View attachment 36316

View attachment 36318

After a suggestion by a member, @Abu Colo, the Mod Team decided to create a list of veterinarians around the world who see birds. This was something we had discussed a few years ago, but the task seemed so large that we didn't get very far. However, the need is there and we decided that the time was right to get it done.
Not all the vets listed are CAVs, but all treat birds from what we could determine.
To find out if a vet is a CAV, you can search the websites of the ones in your area.
We started working on this at the end of November/2021, and even though we are going to continue to add countries we are finally ready to post it. Everything was current when we created this, but things change so please check for yourself as to hours, etc.

Unless otherwise stated, ALWAYS call first to make an appointment.

We have the Mod's name who created each document on the upper part of each document.
Please contact that Mod for additions, corrections, typos, misspellings, etc. The more vets we can add, the better for everyone. If you know we missed one (or more), please let us know.
Google Translate is not always correct, and it was used on many of these countries.
Please feel free to have us correct it as we want everything to be right.
You can also post additional vets in this thread. Please make sure to give us all the info:)

Some of the countries that had many vets have an index to make it easier to locate the area you're looking for.
On the left of each document there is also an index for easier navigation.

If you are on a mobile device, it may ask you to download an app. Just click no and you can open the link. No App is required.

I want to mention that this took the entire Mod Team, because without a Mod watching the forum while searches were made this would not have been possible.

* ParrotForums is not endorsing nor recommending any of the vets listed. This is simply a list of vets we found using Google.

Please do your own research on any vet you decide to use.

Click the link below for the list of countries.

Avian/Exotic Vets by Country

Please let us know if you recommend a vet. You can PM the Mod who created the document where your vet is located, or post it here.
We will be adding a star beside any vet who is recommended by our members. No reviews, just a star by their name.
Thank you for your help:)

Another Great Avian Vet is in Agoura Hills/ Calabasas, CA USA - not listed.
Veterinary Angels Medical center
Dr Archie is amazing! Otto's Dr.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
May 20, 2023
California, USA
Parrots
Talking Fancy Lutino Parakeet, 2yrs old- 37 word vocabulary. Named Otto Von Ruthless
View attachment 36316

View attachment 36318

After a suggestion by a member, @Abu Colo, the Mod Team decided to create a list of veterinarians around the world who see birds. This was something we had discussed a few years ago, but the task seemed so large that we didn't get very far. However, the need is there and we decided that the time was right to get it done.
Not all the vets listed are CAVs, but all treat birds from what we could determine.
To find out if a vet is a CAV, you can search the websites of the ones in your area.
We started working on this at the end of November/2021, and even though we are going to continue to add countries we are finally ready to post it. Everything was current when we created this, but things change so please check for yourself as to hours, etc.

Unless otherwise stated, ALWAYS call first to make an appointment.

We have the Mod's name who created each document on the upper part of each document.
Please contact that Mod for additions, corrections, typos, misspellings, etc. The more vets we can add, the better for everyone. If you know we missed one (or more), please let us know.
Google Translate is not always correct, and it was used on many of these countries.
Please feel free to have us correct it as we want everything to be right.
You can also post additional vets in this thread. Please make sure to give us all the info:)

Some of the countries that had many vets have an index to make it easier to locate the area you're looking for.
On the left of each document there is also an index for easier navigation.

If you are on a mobile device, it may ask you to download an app. Just click no and you can open the link. No App is required.

I want to mention that this took the entire Mod Team, because without a Mod watching the forum while searches were made this would not have been possible.

* ParrotForums is not endorsing nor recommending any of the vets listed. This is simply a list of vets we found using Google.

Please do your own research on any vet you decide to use.

Click the link below for the list of countries.

Avian/Exotic Vets by Country

Please let us know if you recommend a vet. You can PM the Mod who created the document where your vet is located, or post it here.
We will be adding a star beside any vet who is recommended by our members. No reviews, just a star by their name.
Thank you for your help:)

Avian Vet in Fredericksburg Virginia, USA
Tidewater Trail Animal Hospital
10839 Tidewater Trail
Fredericksburg VA 22408
Dr Chrisawn is amazing too!

Last edited:
OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Avan Vet in Fredericksburg Virginia, USA
Tidewater Trail Animal Hospital
10839 Tidewater Trail
Fredericksburg VA 22408
Dr Chrisawn is amazing too!
Thank you again, I'll add it now:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts