IMG_8394.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 95

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
It's an attached thumbnail, it expands...he's gorgeous!!!! :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Here's pictures of my Huskies:

Alexis

2010-10-20_22-56-10_295.jpg

Rocco

2010-10-20_22-50-50_713.jpg

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
:) they are great dogs aside from the killings lol here are my 2 monsters... my husky is a short haired like yours. she never got that big maine.

Attachments

• IMG_0516.jpg
    IMG_0516.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 130

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Awww...how cute!!! Do you keep them indoors? If you keep them indoors they wont grow their big maine coat...

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
yes. they are spoiled indoors. this picture was from camping. they are a pain in the ass though. every 20 minutes they want to come in or they want to go out. drive me nuts. keeps my cardio going lol

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
"Ellsie" Female, 2 years old, Senegal
Sorry to butt in, but with the dog parrot thing, i have a Rotwieller cross german shepherd, dont be put off by this, you have never met such a soft dog in your life, he has lived with so many other animals and doesnt usually care, but he is obssessed by my Senegal... he wants to lick her so much,he waits till her bck is turned.he jumps up when she flies, not towards her, its liek its an instinct to the flapping, but he runs away when he has done it cos he knows hes in trouble for doing, but just cant not resist.... and the bird will soon enough tell him to get away... so as much as i love and trust my dog, he cant break this desire to 'hunt'! Here is my boy and girl... ( got to show off the animals ;o )

Attachments

• birddog.jpg
    birddog.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00010.JPG
    DSC00010.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 70

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Lmao!!! That sounds like mine.... I love the way they howl.... does yours talk to ya?

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Sorry to butt in, but with the dog parrot thing, i have a Rotwieller cross german shepherd, dont be put off by this, you have never met such a soft dog in your life, he has lived with so many other animals and doesnt usually care, but he is obssessed by my Senegal... he wants to lick her so much,he waits till her bck is turned.he jumps up when she flies, not towards her, its liek its an instinct to the flapping, but he runs away when he has done it cos he knows hes in trouble for doing, but just cant not resist.... and the bird will soon enough tell him to get away... so as much as i love and trust my dog, he cant break this desire to 'hunt'! Here is my boy and girl... ( got to show off the animals ;o )

I used to own two dogs that wouldn't hurt a fly. A Sheltie and a English Springer Spaniel. Both loved the other family members. Never jump at any bird or attack any rabbits I used to own. They both played with them nicely.

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
Mikey you deserve so much credit, with that many birds plus two Husky's... cant imagine the moulting sessions in your house, bad enough with one dog one parrot, and that hair/fluff does my nut!!!

Ticklemebink, Beautiful dogs... but woah does your St.Banard make the Husky seem small... between you both you could make alot of money stuffing pillows and duvets!!!!!

Dogs mault twice a year (lasting 6 months each)..... least the parrot is once!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Vacuum cleaner is on guard everyday!!! Plus we rip the carpets out and went with pergo flooring in all the rooms except last two room, have to sell my tanks before I could.... We're both very dedicated to our animals....we don't go on vacation, we rarely go out anywhere, we stay home during vacation time off...lol

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
By the way we love our Dyson vacuum, nothing beats it!!! :)

ellsiebird

Mar 19, 2011
Parrots
so how many pets do you have in grand total???!!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
3 dogs total( 2 huskies and a chihuahua), 2 cats, and 2 fish tanks...along with my flock of birds. There will be just one tank left selling the other one plus one that is empty...

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
thats amazing, this whole post, i love hearing people talk about their birds and their antics, its amazing! i cant wait untill i can get birds!

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
OMG it is our morning ritual to swiffer the house lol i dont know what these animals do at night but every morning there are piles of fur in all corners.
one of these days i may be lucky to have a dyson. maybe ill have to hint this for mothersday hehehehe

as for the animal farm, we have the husky, the saint which is bigger than in the picture. 150 lbs of pure drooling dog, and a maltese. one of each size ahhahaha
4cats and a 120 gallon salt water fish tank.
yes house hunting is revolved around our pets over the furniture . cant do less than 4000 sq ft and 3 floors lol

as for the howling.. here is a video of what i have to wake up to in the mornings, gotta love husbands lol
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyA2fOkvJcw]YouTube - Lee howling with Geisha[/ame]

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
HAHA!!!!!! Don't you just love that howl? That's what made me fell in love with Huskies in the first place, then their eyes and that pretty face!!!!

OMG, I was really into Saltwater Fish Tank but since I got the Ekkies, I got rid of one Saltwater Reef tank already, getting rid of one more. The one I got rid of was a 55 I had setup for 7 years, the one I still have is a 90 bowfront rr reef tank that I'm trying to sell. Along with a pre-drilled 29g tank that's pimped out with custom built canopy, stand, all the plumbing, fans, built in rock walls with hidden returns, etc. We also have a 75g FW tank as well that my partner had the fish within for 10 years or so. So once the Saltwater tanks are gone, I'm gonna upgrade the FW to a bigger tank. With all the animals in the house, I thought it was best to concentrate on them instead of the tank so we voted the tanks out, they take a lot of my time making water with RO/DI filter then mix salt, add chemicals, water change, etc etc.....Plus the cost to upkeep is very high! I rather spend it on my birds...lol

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
HAHA!!!!!! Don't you just love that howl? That's what made me fell in love with Huskies in the first place, then their eyes and that pretty face!!!!

OMG, I was really into Saltwater Fish Tank but since I got the Ekkies, I got rid of one Saltwater Reef tank already, getting rid of one more. The one I got rid of was a 55 I had setup for 7 years, the one I still have is a 90 bowfront rr reef tank that I'm trying to sell. Along with a pre-drilled 29g tank that's pimped out with custom built canopy, stand, all the plumbing, fans, built in rock walls with hidden returns, etc. We also have a 75g FW tank as well that my partner had the fish within for 10 years or so. So once the Saltwater tanks are gone, I'm gonna upgrade the FW to a bigger tank. With all the animals in the house, I thought it was best to concentrate on them instead of the tank so we voted the tanks out, they take a lot of my time making water with RO/DI filter then mix salt, add chemicals, water change, etc etc.....Plus the cost to upkeep is very high! I rather spend it on my birds...lol

yea tell me about it. we live in colorado now and the prices of the salt water crap is out of control. we moved here from FL so we were spoiled with the prices and even diving for our own rock. shhhhhh! hehehe
but were giving up on the tank out here. we keep fighting the green algae and its driving me nuts. al the hoses froze in the winter and i couldnt top the tank off. pain in the butt out here.
here are some links to our tanks when we were in FL. i built a terrarium out of the 120 gallon with frogs, turtles and fish then my husband wanted a predator tank so we got a shark :p

0318081423a.jpg

fishtankpainting.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_3864.jpg

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
WoW, you got a bat fish! Those are sooooo kewl!!! I see you had few pieces of corals, that Sun Polyp is a pain, it requires too much feeding and I don't feel like doing it....lol Talking about battling algae, I've been ignoring the tank so I'm dealing with Red Cyano right now....The darn skimmer needs me to dial it all the time..... I have even lesser time now for the tank since I work in the yard now, I love gardening.... Plus I've gotta mow and stuff...lol

OP
ticklemebink

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
WoW, you got a bat fish! Those are sooooo kewl!!! I see you had few pieces of corals, that Sun Polyp is a pain, it requires too much feeding and I don't feel like doing it....lol Talking about battling algae, I've been ignoring the tank so I'm dealing with Red Cyano right now....The darn skimmer needs me to dial it all the time..... I have even lesser time now for the tank since I work in the yard now, I love gardening.... Plus I've gotta mow and stuff...lol

lol that sun coral was my favorite. as for the bat fish. he was a pain in the ass. was picky about blood worms and he didnt last long. he was awesome while we had him. and yea our tank s 120 gallons of &*$% right now lol. i got one mean starter fish ( forgot what their called) an my buddy a blue bird wrasse. those are my favorite fish.

Most Reactions