Best pellets for my 14 week old IRN in Australia.

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Hi y'all. I have just removed seeds from Missy's daily foods. She has millet sprays on her "tree" but that is all. I don't want her to get FLD so I'm still learning.
She has her chop which she does enjoy, some cooked egg, she also enjoys, limited fruit, and, atm, VetaFarm Nutriblend pellets (small - might need to go tiny size) I'm wondering if they colour them to entice the parrots too them but I'm not sold on the colours. She's not overly fussed on the pellets but I don't want there to be any gaps in her dietary intake, so can anyone suggest a better choice of readily available pellets for her in Australia?
1639773789744.png

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Hi y'all. I have just removed seeds from Missy's daily foods. She has millet sprays on her "tree" but that is all. I don't want her to get FLD so I'm still learning.
She has her chop which she does enjoy, some cooked egg, she also enjoys, limited fruit, and, atm, VetaFarm Nutriblend pellets (small - might need to go tiny size) I'm wondering if they colour them to entice the parrots too them but I'm not sold on the colours. She's not overly fussed on the pellets but I don't want there to be any gaps in her dietary intake, so can anyone suggest a better choice of readily available pellets for her in Australia?View attachment 33155
I really like harrson’s pellets and roundybush
Ive tried TOPs before but tiki didnt like them

Im not sure if they ship to Australia tho

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Yeah, Tiki is right. Good brands are: Harrison's, Roudybush, Top's, Lafeber's, and BirdTricks pellets. Just get whichever is most available to start, but then decide which your bird likes.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Birdtricks’ pellets are just a renamed version of tops that more expensive tbh
Yeah they are. I guess if more available than Top's get them, but thanks. It's true

OP
MissMac

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yeah, Tiki is right. Good brands are: Harrison's, Roudybush, Top's, Lafeber's, and BirdTricks pellets. Just get whichever is most available to start, but then decide which your bird likes.
Just have to find one in Australia.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Just have to find one in Australia.
Most online stores ship, but obviously it would be better NOT to pay extra for shipping. I don't know about bird stores and stuff in Australia
Plenty of our members live in Australia. Ask them?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
OP
MissMac

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Most online stores ship, but obviously it would be better NOT to pay extra for shipping. I don't know about bird stores and stuff in Australia
Plenty of our members live in Australia. Ask them?
That's why I put Australia in the title.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I wouldn't feed your IRN roudybush or lafebers, both of those pellets only contain fillers like corn, wheat , and soy and then everything else is an artificial vitamin or preservative. I'd try Harrisons or TOPs

Most Reactions

Latest posts