big cage woos

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
Something more than a month ago i bought 2 huge cages for my fids,and i have noticed that they are a lot more active.
I swear that by the time they have taken their pellets to the water they have burn off the calories.
The biggest change is that when i let them out they first pig out on the vegs and then proceed to sleep!!!!
My evenings are a lot more peacefully,not sure if i like it.
I am pretty sure that unless the food was on the outside they would have to think whether or not they would like to get out:09:

Last edited:
Ohh, what cages do you have? Excercise is good for them I'm sure they will adjust.

these are the cages,
20141130_192251_zps2748c156.jpg

20150129_214547_zpsc705b534.jpg

It's comfy enough for me to stand and kind off walk in.

These were the cage they had before,as you cn see those aren't exacly small either.
20140222_205920_zps7e213d70.jpg

Last edited:
The one in that last pic is the cage I really really want, but it's really expensive. Those are very nice roomy cages!! I love that they match. Very spoiled birds! I bet they enjoy them!!

I think the misunderstanding is it looks like you were saying 'big cage woes', but by your note, I believe you are meaning what you are saying. Like in 'woo-hoo'.

I think the misunderstanding is it looks like you were saying 'big cage woes', but by your note, I believe you are meaning what you are saying. Like in 'woo-hoo'.

I did mean that ,i posted before i re-read it:p

The one in that last pic is the cage I really really want, but it's really expensive. Those are very nice roomy cages!! I love that they match. Very spoiled birds! I bet they enjoy them!!

They actually cost the same as the ones i have now,only those i have now are a lot bigger,but weren't for sale back than.
But as i still live at home,it is easier to be able to safe up for it.
But thanks to the bathing habits ,i had to replace them with about a year.
I made clear that that isn't going to happen with this one,they have a nice fountain outside the cage now,

Last edited:
Yup! I'm gonna have the same problem if I don't figure something out for pumpkin. He takes about 3 baths per day in his water dish and is going to rust the pull put tray if I don't do something about it.

The fountain is keeping them quite satisfied,only does it sométimes and i take the bowl out then and put it back later ,usally an half hour is enough to change his mind,it is the only way to preserve the cage.
In the summer i take them under the shower but it is winter now and the bathroom is quite cold now.

My fids just asked me if you could adopt them... :eek: Those cages are amazing!!! Even I'd be happy to play in there with those toys! :32:

Lucky Fids, no wonder you're lonely in the evenings, can't blame them for not wanting to come out. Do you like the split level cage? I ask because I've been looking at that design for a quaker, but haven't decided for sure.

Last edited:
I almost wish that Kalypso would bathe. Even if it was in her water bowl because that could be broken but oh well. I will figure out something. I love your cages though.

Do you like the split level cage? I ask because I've been looking at that design for a quaker, but haven't decided for sure.

to be honest i did not like the split level cage.
It was a good cage for the birds but nor for me.
The cage was really weird wielded together at the big bars,dirt got under it easy but not the cleaning supplies.
It took me 1,5 to 2 hours to just clean those parts on 2 cages,with a tooth brush and a steam cleaner.
Also the cage door isn't all that big so to clean the inside you had to awkwardly hang in there,with hanging toys in that part the same.
Like i said it is a good cage,as long as you don't mind the cleaning part.

This was the first pic i found,but as you can see the bars are wielded to a small bar that then is wielded to the bigger ones,between that there is a really small space and that is where the dirt gathers,but in my case my birds bathed every day and that worsened it a lot.
So when you want to buy it,at least look at that.
20140224_204608_zps64b8e728.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back