Toys for birds

SafamirzašŸ¤

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello everyone šŸ‘‹

Can you guys please recommend some out of the cage toys that I can make or purchase for my cockatiel Kiko? His cage isnā€™t filled with a lot of toys because 1. Heā€™s afraid of basically anything new and 2. He refuses to stay put in his cage so heā€™s basically out for the whole day with us. The problem is that heā€™s a bit of a lazy boy and doesnā€™t like to fly around unless he absolutely must and doesnā€™t play with anything but tooth picks or anything shaped like a small stick and LOVES chewing on paper but I think he swallows it because I never see the small paper bits after heā€™s done chewing. What are some things I can get for him to be more active and activities/games I can play with him to get more exercise? Sometimes I leave him on the floor (supervised) and he loves to walk around but he also puts anything he finds from the floor in his mouth.

Hello everyone šŸ‘‹

Can you guys please recommend some out of the cage toys that I can make or purchase for my cockatiel Kiko? His cage isnā€™t filled with a lot of toys because 1. Heā€™s afraid of basically anything new and 2. He refuses to stay put in his cage so heā€™s basically out for the whole day with us. The problem is that heā€™s a bit of a lazy boy and doesnā€™t like to fly around unless he absolutely must and doesnā€™t play with anything but tooth picks or anything shaped like a small stick and LOVES chewing on paper but I think he swallows it because I never see the small paper bits after heā€™s done chewing. What are some things I can get for him to be more active and activities/games I can play with him to get more exercise? Sometimes I leave him on the floor (supervised) and he loves to walk around but he also puts anything he finds from the floor in his mouth.
most cockatiels are going to like any toys that they can shred. They may also like any rope toys. I would recommend that you buy a big bag of the Chinese finger traps and tie a few together and put it into the cage. That would be a cheap and easy way. I work in a pet store and that is what our cockatiels love the most(shredding toys).

Our Moderator Terry57 is the guru (guru-ette) of toys. She has a business (Neverlasting Bird Toys) and is also a great inspiration for DIY ideas.

My Rickeybird loves Terry's toys and also...
Paper towel cardboard rollers
Toothbrushes
Any whole vegetables or fruits, especially big green chiles (but stalks of broccoli, whole carrots, and clusters of grapes are fun)
Any small plastic baby/toddler toys

Our Moderator Terry57 is the guru (guru-ette) of toys. She has a business (Neverlasting Bird Toys) and is also a great inspiration for DIY ideas.

My Rickeybird loves Terry's toys and also...
Paper towel cardboard rollers
Toothbrushes
Any whole vegetables or fruits, especially big green chiles (but stalks of broccoli, whole carrots, and clusters of grapes are fun)
Any small plastic baby/toddler toys
Thanks for the advice on toys! How can I purchase from Teryā€™s business?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back