Bird stand

freeli_17

Jan 29, 2023
Parrots
Budgies
Hello everyone!
We are building an aviary for my budgie, and are planning to add this stand to it. Does anyone by chance know what type of tree this is? If this is an oak, how would you suggest I prepare it for it to be safe for him? Thank you!!
IMG_20230129_095809.jpg
IMG_20230129_095804.jpg
IMG_20230129_095804.jpg

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I dont think this is oak, oak tends to have thicker bark, this looks papery like birch but it's definitely not birch because it lacks the signature black stripes and eyes... you might have better luck posting on somewhere like reddit's "what's this plant" page...

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I don't think this is aspen either. Aspen is also very stripey and this tree is more splotchy

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I dont think this is oak, oak tends to have thicker bark, this looks papery like birch but it's definitely not birch because it lacks the signature black stripes and eyes... you might have better luck posting on somewhere like reddit's "what's this plant" page...
Try downloading the Plant Net app on your smartphone. You can open the app, take a photo, and ask the app to identify the tree by its bark.

OP
freeli_17

freeli_17

Jan 29, 2023
Parrots
Budgies
Thank you everyone!
It has little eyes, but we live in Florida and so far I have never met a birch here, especially in the area that we took this branch:) thank you again!
Hello everyone!
We are building an aviary for my budgie, and are planning to add this stand to it. Does anyone by chance know what type of tree this is? If this is an oak, how would you suggest I prepare it for it to be safe for him? Thank you!!View attachment 47182View attachment 47183View attachment 47183

Most Reactions

Latest posts