Birdie Egg Salad

nrooks

Oct 21, 2014
London, Ontario
Parrots
Seven Cockatiels - four females and three males
Five Parrotlets - three males and two females
Just wanted to share the recipe I made for my parrots this week - It seems to have been a hit and only took about 30 mins to make and clean up from.

Ingredients:

6 hard boiled eggs
a small handful of spinach, finely chopped
1/2 pepper of any color, finely chopped
1 stalk of celery, finely chopped
1/4 of head of broccoli, chopped
1 tbsp of plain fat free yogurt

Wash all produce and chop into whatever size your bird likes. I have small birds (cockatiels and parrotlets) so I have to keep everything really small.
Hard boil the eggs and then chop and add to the vegetables. If you would like to increase your birds calcium levels you can also chop the shell to include. Finally add the yogurt - You only want to add a very small amount of yogurt so that everything blends together. Once finished you can also add some pellets or seed to perk their interest if they are not use to eating fresh veggies. Be careful not to add too much as the point is to get them to fill up on fresh food not on the stuff they eat all the time.

This recipe is so easy to make and adapt to include things your own bird prefers. The amount of each ingredient varies according to how much your bird likes them and how big a batch you want to make. Plus you can sneak in some extra healthy ingredients without your birds noticing.

This made enough for a triple batch for my birds.

I hope you guys enjoy and if you found any other veggie combinations your birds loved be sure to share them with everyone if you can.

Attachments

• IMG_20151025_182603137[1].jpg
    IMG_20151025_182603137[1].jpg
    86 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_20151025_182400928[1].jpg
    IMG_20151025_182400928[1].jpg
    88 KB · Views: 252
hi and thanks so much for the recipe!i am wondering where did you find that yogurt (specific brand)?thanks again i bet birds will love this.

hi and thanks so much for the recipe!i am wondering where did you find that yogurt (specific brand)?thanks again i bet birds will love this.

Most brands have a plain yogurt, it's just often on the bottom shelf, away from all the fancy stuff. My house is pretty much dairy free, so I get almond milk or coconut milk yogurt but I'm not sure what's available in your area, those are considered specialty here and often found with organic food or in a separate "dairy free" section.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back