Black iron pipe safety?

I really like that! That's the kind of price range of flooring we'd look at to install when we buy a more permanent home and are willing to drop some money into making look the way we want. See what I was saying about more attractive looking though;) Most cheap flooring (like the tiles I'm look at), well, looks cheap. I bet the more expensive stuff you put down looks really nice.

Last edited:
Well, phase one is commencing;) Hubby is more concerned with the platform, as he has cut his toe several times on it, so I'm doing that first. I will be building the paper holder and a new stand for his tree next payday:rolleyes: I did end up just getting the gray stick on tiles at 69 cents a square foot. It's semi decent looking, kinda reminds me of concrete, but not as tacky as the some of the other styles in that price range. Guy at HD was much more helpful than the guy at Lowes, and suggested I use a special tape for extra strong adhesion on the tiles and to keep out moisture. Said the bamboo would be a bad choice. Wish me luck piecing these pieces of wood together to form the base:31:. There was simply no way to get a single pice the whole length in my car. It was just not going to happen so I have to piece the old piece with a new piece:( This ought to be fun, hope Kiwi doesn't pick any "new words" up during these upcoming 'renovations' to his prime living room real estate :eek::p He's very excited and curious about what I am up to. He watched me through the window using the saw to cut down the big piece we already have to fit the new are. Now he's eyeballing me screwing in the braces, amazon laser focus:52: Probably knows I have tiny screws and wants to eat one:09:

Last edited:
So the floor protector came out pretty good. The special tape was a PITA to work with, but those tiles aren't going ANYWHERE with that stuff! I'm glad the flooring guy at HD suggested it. I cut down the large piece I had and pieced in a smaller piece. I couldn't find the H shaped braces Sailboat suggested, but I did use 2 T braces and 2 straight braces, plus some duct tape over the seam and when all said and done, the seam seems real secure and the platform doesn't move or bend. I also found these really awesome "self drilling" screws for the braces, which was really helpful with this project!

cameringo_20161004_111406_zpslvjukg04.jpg

cameringo_20161004_111329_zpstxclecce.jpg

Thanks everyone (especially Sailboat) for all your suggestions! Up next will be the paper holder and a new stand for his tree:D

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back