blood feathers?

Vhenry20

May 29, 2022
Parrots
Ace: Green Cheek Conure
Is it possible for a budgies to break a bood feather internally and if so what do we do for that ?
I have a budgie that cant fly well when wet and she fell from about 1-1 1/2 ft and now has some bleeding in her feather shafts and it doesnt appear to be external but i dont know what to do about it

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
I wouldn't worry. As long as it's not bleeding externally, she should be okay. As soon as it starts bleeding externally, you might have to pluck it.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Is it possible for a budgies to break a bood feather internally and if so what do we do for that ?
I have a budgie that cant fly well when wet and she fell from about 1-1 1/2 ft and now has some bleeding in her feather shafts and it doesnt appear to be external but i dont know what to do about it
You'll need to remove it if it's broken, then apply something like cornflour to stop it from bleeding. Alternatively you can let your avian vet do it.

If there is very little bleeding, just add some flour(cornflour works best, but others are ok as long as it's very fine).

Most Reactions