Booger

BanalityBob

Mar 21, 2011
Ohio, Ho!
Parrots
Penelope: 12 year old Quaker Parakeet rescue//
Günter: 3 month old Peachfaced Lovebird
There are days when my family drives me crazy. There are days that my family amazes me. Today was both. My birthday was in April. I got a gift from my parents "to be named later." I figured it was just them giving me money for a road trip that I want to take. It turns out that it was them reserving a baby love bird at a local breeder for me. Now, before this turns into bashing on giving birds as gifts, I hate it too (I actually told them I didn't want another bird). Now, this wasn't a baseless "let's just get him any bird." I had visited that breeder before getting Penelope. My family also doesn't get pets being anything but living toys, so, seeing the joy that Penelope has brought me, they bought me a new bird.

I was kinda mad when they showed up with a bird cage with a just weaned, whiteface blue peachfaced lovebird boy, but I sorta fell in love. A lot. So, evidently I was meant to have a new child, and he is absolutely adorable. I named him Booger (it fits, I don't know why), and he has done nothing but cuddle since I got him. Penelope has taken an "I don't care" attitude, perhaps because I bribed her with new toys...

Now, thankfully my parents got a species that I actually want (Lovebirds are adorable and not super loud: my two caveats for birds I want as pets), and boy did they ever pick a winner of a fid. I've only had him for a day and am already totally in love.

Pics of Booger coming as soon as I can find my camera and stop snuggling him.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Congratulations.....
Love birds are awesome....I have a little peach faced love bird and she is a joy. She is a spoiled brat and owns this house (and she doesn't even make the payments) LOL We call her miss thing or diva but her name is Ava...she just loves to be with us...she is always on my shoulder when I am running around the house doing things....she loves to give kisses which I am sure you little guy will do....hmmmmm, a kiss from a booger...LOL sounds funny...
You will love having him....can't wait to see pictures.....

OP
BanalityBob

BanalityBob

Mar 21, 2011
Ohio, Ho!
Parrots
So, I told my six year old brothers about my newest birdie, and, for some reason, they thought I had called him Günter. The name has stuck, and now he is renamed Günter. It's far less demeaning, and, when he gets bigger and bossy, I can pretend he has a German accent.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
LOL to funny....gotta love six year olds...

OP
BanalityBob

BanalityBob

Mar 21, 2011
Ohio, Ho!
Parrots
The only good picture of him I managed to take before he hunkered down in the middle of my chest to get snuggled (also, he is not this green, but my camera makes everything look green):

247469_1825302344700_1004498641_31643709_757854_n.jpg

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Awwww, to cute.

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
Do all lovebirds get bossy? my aunt had a Lovebird named Cherry, I loved her but she was.. alittle monster.. I spent my summers at my grandparents homested, my aunt kept her there because it was where everyone gathered during the day, I was in charge of feeding and watering her, but she ate my hands every time I reached into her cage. The only person she was nice to, was my aunt, whom she belonged to.

Most Reactions