Bowie screaming constantly at my mum ??

GemandBow

Sep 2, 2014
Parrots
1 crazy little green cheek conure named Bowie.
Hi everyone,
This is my first proper post.

Bowie is my little green cheek conure.
He is 3 years old and I've had him since he was 6 weeks old.
In the past year I have been studying and haven't been around as much during the day but I do spend as much time with him as I can.
I change his cage around regularly, rearrange his toys, add new toys when I can and he gets out of his cage every time I am back home from college.

Bowie isn't left alone all day my mum dose be in the house mostly the kitchen (where Bowie stays) Bowie is friendly and is happy to see anyone but the only thing Bowie sees once my mam walks in is RED.

He will just scream at her constantly till she leaves the room and he wont allow her to feed him some mornings if im not there.
My mam just tries to ignore the screaming but I don't know if that's going to work and I don't know if my mam will put up with him being aggressive especially since there is a new baby in the house she only ever sees the nasty side of Bo.

Anyways is there anything me and my mam could do to make Bowie not scream and bite at her as much? my mam dose try. She will talk to him a lot so he isnt lonely. but she has become afraid of him.
WE NEED HELP!!

Gemma and Bowie :D

Attachments

• 1469943_769311636428241_1628608194_n.jpg
    1469943_769311636428241_1628608194_n.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 133

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hi Gemma, sounds like Bowie's trying to get thrown out of the house! Has this been going on since you first got him or just since you been home from studies more?

If he's recently started the screaming, what has changed with your mom...different hair style, different makeup, different clothing/style of dress?

You're pretty much going to have to figure out what has upset Bowie, in order to try and change his attitude about whatever it is.....

OP
G

GemandBow

Sep 2, 2014
Parrots
Bowie was always kinda noisy, He would have a little sreaming session for about 20 mins a day then he would just play, sing and talk to himself but he was never this bad.
I use to have him in my bedroom with me but my bedroom is tiny, like a box room.
Now that ive been in college all my papers and folders tuck up so much space so Bowie was brought downstairs.
I thought that would be good for him if im not around as often he can still get lots of attention with people coming in and out all day long.
My mam hasn't really changed much the past few years. she kinda has a certain styles she sticks to haha.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
It could be that he's just become jealous of sharing your time, since you're back more now, or it could be his having been moved down stairs, but I'm pretty sure you're right about everybody getting upset with him if his screaming starts affecting the new baby's sleeping.....

OP
G

GemandBow

Sep 2, 2014
Parrots
Yeah maybe he is Jealous. I just hope I can do something for him. I hand reared him from 6 weeks old. he is my little baby and to think of him being upset breaks my heart :( but at the same time this scream is so high pitched it hurts your ears and it dose wake the baby :(. Bowie most of the time is great! he plays with his toys comes out sits on my shoulder while I study. we sing and dance together and he is amazing.
but when my mam is there she cant cook or do any chores or anything without Bowie screaming until she leaves the room :/

Most Reactions