bug infested lafeber pellets

budgielove111

Aug 5, 2022
Parrots
kiwi and coco budgies
i feed my budgies lafebers parakeet pellets and just found some beige colored insects in the bin. i donā€™t have another bin and the one i ordered wonā€™t be here until tomorrow. does anyone know if i should feed them the infested pellets or if it would be ok to have them on some other food for a day?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
i feed my budgies lafebers parakeet pellets and just found some beige colored insects in the bin. i donā€™t have another bin and the one i ordered wonā€™t be here until tomorrow. does anyone know if i should feed them the infested pellets or if it would be ok to have them on some other food for a day?
Well they need to eat something, if you have some seed or other pellets to feed them instead. If your'e having a problem with bugs in your pellets storing them in the freezer will kill any insects or larvae. You could also feed them veggies if they'll eat them.

OP
B

budgielove111

Aug 5, 2022
Parrots
kiwi and coco budgies
Well they need to eat something, if you have some seed or other pellets to feed them instead. If your'e having a problem with bugs in your pellets storing them in the freezer will kill any insects or larvae. You could also feed them veggies if they'll eat them.
yup weā€™re getting veggies for them now thanks :)

Most Reactions