Bumble-ing Along

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Part of our current nightly routine is that Bum has an evening preen while sitting on my finger. She’s very clever; this often delays bedtime because how can I interrupt such peaceful sweetness?

9c71764479c28750b961416b935cab58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Just who can say no?

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Not much is new in Bumble-land. She is still the love of my life. She has me well tamed. Most things I do revolve around her routines and happiness.

She has been molting so she’s been extra bitey and grumpy which isn’t fun for anybody, but she seems to be coming around again. Currently shuts having her afternoon nap on my finger.

Her annual exam was late this year because of COVID and I couldn’t go in. It was AWFUL just waiting in the parking lot. But she’s still healthy. Her fecal sample has to be redone because they broke the slide. She’s going in for a nail trim next weekend so they’ll collect another one then.

At some point soon she’ll have to go stay at “sleepaway camp” at my bestie’s house. The final piece of my cancer treatment is radioactive iodine and I will be radioactive for about a week. Obviously she can’t be home and I count my blessings that my BFF has birds so a bird-safe home and understanding.

Here she is melting my heart.

3e5bfdd05f821b10393dba7228ba4a4d.jpg

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
I agree with you about parronts can't accompany the fids to the vet. I told my avian vet that when this is "over" or when they grow a "pair" they will be seeing my fids unless there is an emergency. I can't stand when they take them back for blood work. Sitting in a parking lot while my babies are in there will not happen without some urgent situation.

I pray that everything goes good with your treatment, you are in our prayers.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I think we were all missing the Bumble updates. Thank you, Inger! I adore little Bumble [emoji3590] Without a doubt, one of my absolute favorites around here. Soooo cute! :)

Praying for your treatment to go well. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. Cancer truly sucks. Believe me, I'm not making light of it. Been there, done that. I don't recommend it to anyone. Ever.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
So much to go through, thank goodness you have Bumble. I pray for cancer free.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Having a Bumble in your life provides strength and a reason to continue onward. Huge Amazon Feather Hugs and know that you are in our prayers, dear friend!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Statistics show that having a parrot companion improves the results of treatment. True? It should be !

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Thank you all for your kind thoughts/prayers/ positive energy. It helps! I’m blessed to be part of this flock.

The good thing about this kind of cancer is that it’s so easily treated and almost always survivable. Honestly it’s more inconvenient than anything at this point. And I feel SO much better than I have felt in a really long time.

I heartily apologize for neglecting my duties as your Bumble-fix provider. I’ll do better.

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble and I have just survived what will hopefully be the longest separation of our lives. I had my radiation treatment, where I swallowed two capsules of radioactive iodine (a little nerve wracking) and then had to isolate for several days. She stayed with my bestie, where she has stayed before and where there are 5 other birds and I know the house is safe. While she was there, she taught the cockatoo how to fling grapes and the cockatiel to eat greens. I think the quakers taught HER to make a loud machine gun tweet which I’m hoping will go away if I ignore it.

After 9 days apart, the radiologist (after looking at scans) said I was safe to go pick her up. She has not let me out of her sight. Usually I can go to the kitchen for a minute and she’ll stay on her gym, but the instant I stand up she flies right over. She has also wanted me to sit next to her cage and sing to her while she falls asleep (of course I did!).

Quick health update: this should be the end of the treatment phase. I’ll get the results of my scans probably tomorrow on the patient portal (with google to help decipher them-next dr appointment isn’t until the end of the month), the radiation keeps doing its thing for up to a year, and I think I have follow up imaging in 3-6 months. Fingers crossed I will officially be a “survivor” at that time. [emoji3590]

Here’s my littlest bestie sticking close. Yes I let her eat on my plate JUST THIS ONCE and please ignore the jewelry sorting that was going on behind her LOL

6f1238e5a2f3476da457fcb99cb24826.jpg

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Inger, we wish you the best outcome from the treatment. Or as Bumble might say the 'tweetment'.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hugs for you and Bumsie Inger..

Jim

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Thanks everyone. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

Bumble took a good long soaking bath last night - the first in quite a while! And she wore herself out and took a little nap on my hand. What good thing did I ever do to deserve the trust and love of this tiny, amazing little being?

f0164d82ebaec9bccbceee519a9ba395.jpg

c5d93d0df9267f56088ece47965fab19.jpg

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Anyone else ever just stare at your bird and think what a little miracle they are in general and then the fact that they trust you and sit on you and snooze on you makes them even more miraculous? Gah. Love my Bummy!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thanks everyone. We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

Bumble took a good long soaking bath last night - the first in quite a while! And she wore herself out and took a little nap on my hand. What good thing did I ever do to deserve the trust and love of this tiny, amazing little being?

f0164d82ebaec9bccbceee519a9ba395.jpg

c5d93d0df9267f56088ece47965fab19.jpg

that wet picture omg! She looks like a newly hatched velociraptor. I didn't know the skin around her eyes was blue thats so cool

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Anyone else ever just stare at your bird and think what a little miracle they are in general and then the fact that they trust you and sit on you and snooze on you makes them even more miraculous? Gah. Love my Bummy!

Yes. Yes I do! Amazing little things that worm their way into our hearts my And also, yes, we love that little Bumble too. [emoji3590]

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey

Yes same here staring at my T Rex and just love him.

Most Reactions