Cage

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Like I have said in the past, I want to take Cricket, to my bf's, on the weekends... now should I look for a cage that is the same size as the one I have or could I go smaller?
If I had the money I would go bigger and make the cage he is in now the weekend cage, but I can't :(

In my opinion and if you like the cage he has at your home at the moment, you can get one exactly the same which will not be something new to him, some same toys etc to make it look like his original home!

What do others think about this? :confused:

I do like the cage he has, only its a peice of CRAP!! lol
and the legs, on the one side, bent when I moved it down some stairs.
not to mention it doesnt come apart easly, so I personally think I can go better. :03:

Last edited:
I like them both, but have to say I do love the play tops (first one) They always look so neat. :D

I" is great, both Bucc and Kito's are 1". Let us know which one you finally decide on. :D Oh yeah and what about ebay, you can get some really good deals on there.

most people try and make up product costs but upping the shipping LOL, they think they are being smart or something

I really do like them, when I got Bucc we never really saw them over here, after I got his cage they were everywhere :D I was gonna get Kito one, but I knew who would end up on the top, not letting anyone else near it, (and it wouldn't have been kito.)

I got Iggy's cage on Ebay, it's about 6 feet tall, 3 feet wide, 2 1/2 feet deep (approx)...and it only cost $420! I know you probably don't want to spend that much, but just an example of how a normally super expensive cage is so much cheaper on Ebay...I would just keep looking there if I were you.

I got Moj's cage for $140 on E-bay. I'll see if I can attach a pic. (It's a $700-800 cage otherwise :eek: ).

1" spacing should be fine for Mr. Pooh-bird. Moj is a Pionus (smaller) and he does fantastic with 1".

Happy shopping!! :D

Attachments

• CageSize.jpg
    CageSize.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 73
I spent $75 on Hamlet's cage on e-Bay ... I couldn't beat the price, the shipping was pricey but I spent $140 all together on the cage and it was STILL a deal!

I like play top cages too... but a lot of people don't like the because it makes it kind of darker. Some cages that have play top on top have them so you can take them off... now that would be convenient.

Yeah Kito's came with a play top, that you just slide in but have never used it, because it would make the cage over 8ft tall. :eek:

It is an open top cage and that never gets open either.

I was also thinking play top... for a couple reasons.
One being that it will be easier to clean the poop of a flat surface in comparison to whiping down the bars and *ug* floor :p
Another reason is I am thinking a play top, is it would keep him from chewing on the molding because he would have other things to do up there.... and if not, he would be at lest delayed in chewing :rolleyes:

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back