Chickens (off topic but had to share)

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
For some hairbrained reason, I bought 6 (they sent me 7) chickens a month ago. They ship them very humanely for shipping. I got my guys just over a month ago at 2 days of age.

For some reason, I got Silver Laced Cochins. I fell in love with the looks but what got me was the personality. They are supposed to be really smart loving chickens, kinda like a black and white giant 12lb conures. They are just so cute. I know this isn't the forum for chickens but my husband is not amused with my little clutch and everyone I know is done hearing about them so I thought I'd bug you all a bit. Have a good one!

-Jen

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
No problem here. At one time I had peacocks and peahens that would absolutely mob me for attention if I stood still.

A close friend has chickens who come when called by name and perch all over him like pigeons.

Friends are Friends and sometimes the best friends are not human.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
I totally get it.... they are kind of like big conures! I love my chickens - and I’m one of those whose chickens all have names and they sit on my lap when I’m outside :).

Taprock

Oct 22, 2015
Northern l.p. Michigan
Parrots
Buzz - CAG,
Ziggy - Nanday/Sun Conure,
Jasper - Goffin
Loki - Starling
Gloria - Foster CAG
Cochins are sweethearts. They are also great moms. I love my chickens and they are all named!

Most Reactions