Chillin with Mippy the MiPosaur (robot thread!)

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
So, I got this robot dinosaur (called a MiPosaur) for my eighth birthday, and just now I'm starting to program it. It's pretty fun, there are a lot of sensors and tricks you can do without the app, but I lost the trackball when I was 9 and then stopped using her (lets just give her a gender, ok?). I decided to name her Mippy, because it suits her, and I taped her battery compartment shut because the screws that used to hold it are super tiny, an I keep stripping them (they also don't sell new ones at my local hardware store. Here is a pic of Mippy, and this is just a random thread, feel free to post your robots and tech here! Excuse my messy room.
IMG_20220130_121032.jpg

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Working on controlling Mippy with the app and programming her to dance! I'll post a vid one of these days

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Nice! On that tiny battery compartment screw and all such style screws. -self tapping-
When you are re-securing the screw, you first turn it backwards until you feel it drop into the already cut threads. Then tighten as normal! This simple step will keep it from cutting new threads!
The lost trackball. You may easily find a replacement!

OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Nice! On that tiny battery compartment screw and all such style screws. -self tapping-
When you are re-securing the screw, you first turn it backwards until you feel it drop into the already cut threads. Then tighten as normal! This simple step will keep it from cutting new threads!
The lost trackball. You may easily find a replacement!
Cool, I went on the site and it does sell trackballs on their own, so I'll get that. I decided not to use screws after all, because it's easier to just take the rubber band off when I need to charge her, which is often.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Omg I had one of those!!! Dunno what happened to mippo the zippo eater, but he’s somewhere on this planet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts