Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
At age 67 (soon to be 68) I am picking up banjo. Always wanted to add it to The Brigands line up, and after bugging the boys for so many years, I now say "Screw you JoeBoo, I do it myself" ( extra points if you know the movie). Here is "Angelina Baker" and old tyme fiddle tune, done on banjo at 7 weeks.

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Ahhh! I have put down the classical guitar and you are inspiration to pick back up. You are amazing!!!
Music has been a huge part of my life, the one constant that never fails. I'M always sad when I hear some one say 'I used to play XXXXXXXX'. I hope you decide to pick it up again.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
As a young teen I was considering drums,but unfortunately I have zero coordination or music ability.
Bravo Al nice job!

Jim

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Not me having the urge to comment 'I AM STORMY THE GREAT AND POWERFUL' on all of Salty's training vids!

But you're so talented on the banjo! Keep up the great work!

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Music has been a huge part of my life, the one constant that never fails. I'M always sad when I hear some one say 'I used to play XXXXXXXX'. I hope you decide to pick it up again.
You're making me want to go pick up my violin again. Only that we already sold it...

I regret quitting it. At the time, I had very little motivation to play music, plus the violin physically hurt, now I am actually trying to get better at music(I play the piano); I know it will be hard, but I will push myself to do it and not give up.

I want to start a business, and then I can use some of that money to lend a violin and then I'll need to but one myself if I enjoy it. I'll probably get second hand, as long as the violin is still in good condition. Whether my parents will pay for the lessons, I don't know. Probably, but they said I need to get the stuff myself, which I understand because I quit when I told them I wouldn't.

Most Reactions

Latest posts