clicker training :-)

Joshua

Mar 15, 2013
south africa
Parrots
1 sun conure (ZAZU)
Hay guys sky is starting to bite A LOT!! and she is not so eager to come near me I think I just didn't notice this in the beginning and now I am seeing it, so I have decided to start clicker training her :D
can anyone who has used this method post on its effectiveness, how to go about doing it and how long approximately it takes (I have read it is reasonably fast but I know to be patient and I'm not worried about time )
thanx :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
If you type in " clicker training" on Youtube, you will see various video's on how to do this properly.

I know there a quite a few members that have alot of success with this method.

flash_oesc

Mar 4, 2013
Fort McMurray, Alberta
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Bam
I just started a week ago. I have a very timid GCC. He's afraid of everything, including treats. I just found a treat he liked, and he's been progressing ever since. In about a week, he's touching a target stick. Touching a new perch, perching on the new perch (scary pvc perch I made with vetrap). Touching each end of the perch, and as of last night, doing a horizontal 360 (sideways) each direction. Tonight I'm going to try and have him to a full flip. Then on to laying on his back. He's picking a 'new' thing up each time. I start with what he's already learned, and then move on slowly...It took several clicks and treats to even have him touch the stick. Each time he looked at it, or moved closer to it, I clicked and rewarded.

Most Reactions

Latest posts