will sky talk?

Joshua

Mar 15, 2013
south africa
Parrots
1 sun conure (ZAZU)
hay guys, sky is 1 1/2 years old as I got her from a previous owner. when she is looking in her mirror she does all sorts of loud chips and whistles and it sounds pleasant. now I have heard that some ringnecks chose not to talk and will never talk in there life but is the fact that she is being so vocal a sign that she will be a good Talker? or is this as vocal as she might Get?
thanx :D

Its hard to say. All birds are different. Ring necks have a great ability to talk but she may never speak and just be a very chirpy girl.

It all depends on the bird, some will talk others not
It takes a lot of time and patience.
You must spend one-on-one time with your bird, each and everyday, teaching her one word at a time in the beginning. Repeating it over and over again, turning the word into a sentence so you know your bird understands what the words mean.

You might find the link below very interesting

subscribed.gif
Talking - How I teach Mishka to talk

Ringnecks are not great talkers, but they can pick up a few words. Just keep talking to her all the time and you may find in time, she will pick up a few of the words she is hearing.

Just talk to her about everything you are doing...she may pick up on the dumbest thing and you will be amazed. Then you wont get her to be quiet....my green cheek wont stop saying 'hi token'. Also I heard that if you imitate the chirps and whistles, they are more likely to continue with those sounds. So talk to her a lot.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back