Conure loves the outside world.

Weareinthematrix

Apr 20, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure - pineapple conure
Hello guys im new here and just looking for advice.

Ive had my conure for 2 weeks now and they are very good at stepping up on the wooden stick and my hand when I have treats of course.

I feel like there isnt a bond yet between us because when I open my cage they fly out instantly and goes towards the window instead of going towards me.

How can I get frankys attention? (My birb)

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)

Ive had my conure for 2 weeks now and they are very good at stepping up on the wooden stick and my hand when I have treats of course.

I feel like there isnt a bond yet between us because when I open my cage they fly out instantly and goes towards the window instead of going towards me.

Many birds find window watching entertaining, maybe you should get a window perch like this one.
FeatherSmart Bird Parrot Shower Perch (Small Round https://a.co/d/jkH7y9A

Two weeks is a very short amount of time to a bird, and certainly not enough time for most birds to form a bond with you. Just keep giving him treats and positively interacting with him, and, I assure you, a bond will form, especially since you’ve already made good progress.

OP
W

Weareinthematrix

Apr 20, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure - pineapple conure
Thanks for the reply. Frankie is really loving strawberrys ill keep my the progress thanks :)

maddox

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
2022 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Mar 15, 2022
Media
Fairfield Connecticut, USA
Parrots
Maddox is a green cheek conure

It seems like you and Franky are quickly becoming best friends! It took me about the same time to facilitate a good bond with my conure Maddox. He would do something similar where he would fly to his perch on my desk when I opened his cage. After he got more comfortable with me, he started to fly to my shoulder. The best advice I can give you is to keep doing what you are doing and have patients! You have to work at his pace. It would help to give him a favorite treat when he steps up so he begins to associate you with food. As long as you keep all of this in mind, I am very confident that your bond will grow significantly.

Most Reactions