Crop Fistula

Jenlynn

Nov 19, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Sun Conure, and Blue Indian Ringneck
I know I posted about my bird's crop fistula before, but it was more of a question/panic type post. I was just curious if anyone else dealt with this and what the recovery process was like and if they knew what difinitively caused it.

I'm still thinking it had to come from the breeder because I never handfed him or fed him anything hot.

Any questions about my particular situation, you can refer to the post African Grey- oozing liquid.

Just looking to hear from others who may have been through this. Thanks!

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Hi Jenylnn
I have never had this problem before so I cant advise, but we have been wondering how he was doing. How is he doing with the recovery?

OP
Jenlynn

Jenlynn

Nov 19, 2011
Parrots
Congo African Grey, Sun Conure, and Blue Indian Ringneck
Thanks for asking! He is doing remarkably well with the recovery. He goes for what will probably be his last check up on Friday, because of all of the meds I had to give him from a syringe, he's been begging for food quite a bit and his weight hasn't increased. Depending on his weight on Friday, I might be handfeeding. Incidently, thats the one reason I wanted this bird, because he was off handfeeding for 2 weeks before she shipped him. I was afraid I'd mess up and hurt him. Well... you can never plan because I ended up dealing with a handfeeding injury I didn't cause and now I may be feeding any way. I just hope he continues to do well! :)

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I'm glad he's recovering well!! Keep us updated!

Most Reactions

Latest posts