Deformed tounge?

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
some months ago i posted a thread about my bird having a lump on the back of her tounge, but i dont have any idea what it is but i maybe think why it is there. So it took a while to detect this, she is having No symtoms of a sick bird att all. But the main reason i think she had this lump, is becuse she had this metal ring that she always pushed her tounge on, like she licked it. She always liked to lick on that ring for years. So maybe her tounge got deformed by that ring? I dont have any clue but does this sound like the main reason why she have this lump on her tounge? I did not think about this intill now

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
some months ago i posted a thread about my bird having a lump on the back of her tounge, but i dont have any idea what it is but i maybe think why it is there. So it took a while to detect this, she is having No symtoms of a sick bird att all. But the main reason i think she had this lump, is becuse she had this metal ring that she always pushed her tounge on, like she licked it. She always liked to lick on that ring for years. So maybe her tounge got deformed by that ring? I dont have any clue but does this sound like the main reason why she have this lump on her tounge? I did not think about this intill now
While maybe that could happen, has a vet taken a look at it? Just to make sure it isn’t anything more than a little bump?

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
While maybe that could happen, has a vet taken a look at it? Just to make sure it isn’t anything more than a little bump?
Ive took it to the vet a while ago, the vet did not mention anything about it

Most Reactions