Does anyone else's parrots have odd fears or odd hobbies?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I can't dye my hair any other colour that's not close to what it is now. As long as it stays brown, it's good.
I once added a strong red tint to change it to Auburn, and Talli never got over it. I gave him a week to see if he would get used to it, but nope. He was still furious and tried to attack me when I got close.
I got another box of dye and changed it back, and then there was peace in my birdieland.
Ever tried blue?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I have not tried blue...but I like blue:)
Your Pionus might really really like you then.

I had a friend who dyed his frizzy hair dark Kelly green. He asked if I liked it and I suggested he should go for the more natural Quaker parakeet color in honor of his niece Lucy.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
With Talli he may think I am trying to steal his identity! lol

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Tiki is terrified
i repeat TERRIFIED of her feather
she ran through the entire house (yes on her feet) cuz she found a feather on the floor 😭
she loves string and zippers
sometimes my eye lashes πŸ‘οΈ

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Tiki is terrified
i repeat TERRIFIED of her feather
she ran through the entire house (yes on her feet) cuz she found a feather on the floor 😭
she loves string and zippers
sometimes my eye lashes πŸ‘οΈ
Hahaha. Don’t you wonder what she is thinking? It’s so cool and weird when parrots talk really well. Like living with an alien.
I have had two Quakers who loved to preen my eyebrows and eyelashes. But both of them would get a little too into it after a bit and pull out eyelashes! Ouch! Eye watering pain.

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Hahaha. Don’t you wonder what she is thinking? It’s so cool and weird when parrots talk really well. Like living with an alien.
I have had two Quakers who loved to preen my eyebrows and eyelashes. But both of them would get a little too into it after a bit and pull out eyelashes! Ouch! Eye watering pain.
sometimes i wonder whats going on inside that little head
tiki would always shive her beak in my eye whenever she goes for my eye lashes

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
sometimes i wonder whats going on inside that little head
tiki would always shive her beak in my eye whenever she goes for my eye lashes
Yeah, I know Willow wants to show me how he loves me but eyelash pulling is hard to take. I try not to react too much and just move him away because I’m afraid if I surprised him he might peck me in the eye and that would be bad.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I had a Quaker years ago (Gonzo) who would get upset with her foot for not scratching her head right, bite her foot, and then freak out because someone was biting her foot. Same bird used to stick her head in a toilet paper roll, get scared because it was dark, and then run around screaming with the paper roll over her head.

We’d have to reach into the cage and grab the roll off and then comfort the poor little bird. Because if you are screaming inside a toilet paper roll it’s really really loud and upsetting. And dark.

Poor poor bird! (Snicker snicker.) Did the nasty toilet paper roll scare you? Momma will fix.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy