Does anyone know of a Hahns Macaw breeder in Alberta?

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Hello! I am seriously considering adopting a Hahn's Macaw, but I am having trouble finding a breeder here in Alberta. I was wondering if anyone on this forum would be able to direct me to one. I have noticed there are one or two people on here who have bought one from a breeder in Alberta but I have had no luck getting in touch with one. As an aside, feel free to share any info/experiences on your Hahns if you have one. I am really interested in hearing experiences of Hahns owners. Thanks in advance!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I have sent out a few messages to see if I could find one for you, no luck yet but I will let you know if I find any:)

OP
Kalel

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Thank you! I really appreciate it!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I hope one of the ones I sent you works out:) Good luck and I will keep forwarding any other ones I find:)

Sonja_lee

Apr 24, 2016
Alberta
I see this post is from last year, but I'm also looking for a Hahns Macaw breeder in or around Alberta. Any luck tracking one down?

OP
Kalel

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
I was unable to find any active breeders in Alberta. I know there was at least two or three but they have all either retired or stop breeding. I was unable to find any active breeders in Alberta. I know there was at least two or three but they have all either retired or stopped breeding. Now that I am no longer in the market for one, they seem to be popping up all over the place in classified ads every once in a while. But those are usually not babies although I have seen one as young as around one-year-old. If you do want a baby though, you can always have one shipped in from eastern Canada. I think Ontario and Quebec have several breeders. I finally met one in person at a Petland here in Edmonton and it was 11 months old I believe. Sweet little bird and very beautiful and had a pretty good vocabulary already. Good luck in your search and let us know if you find one.

OP
Kalel

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
By the way where in Alberta are you located?

Nano

Feb 23, 2021
Hello everyone,

It's been a few years since this post has had any activity but I figured I'd give it a try. I'm looking for a Hahns Macaw breeder in Alberta. I saw a breeder near Edmonton but it sounds like the waitlist is full. Does anyone know of any other breeders in Alberta?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
Get in contact with your local bird club, they will be able to point you in the right direction

Most Reactions

Latest posts