Does my wife read these forums?

Chewy

Aug 24, 2007
Media
Washington state
Parrots
1cockatoo Chewy 2 cockatiels Male=eli female-=LittleFoot
Oh you must live in Australia. I wish I lived there when I got Chewy!!!!! I wouldn't have had to spend 2659 on him lol. but I love him still very much. And they are called galahs or Rosebreasted Cockatoos here. Not pink and grays

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
People would fall over laughing in the street if I told them you paid that much for a Galah. Here they are one step up from a budgie.
I really wish we could do something with our wildlife laws so our farmers could profit from the pests that destroy their crops. I could sit and watch a flock of Galahs all day. There is a small flock of about 200 of em living in the park near me. They mingle with Corellas and Major Mitchels. In the country they fly in flocks of several thousand.

Galah is the right term but here it is used as a generic term for any larger Too.
Corellas are called Lessor Corellas here, but you lot use a lot have a whole different bunch of names for them,(bared eyed etc).

Today I was lucky enough to have a green conure on my shoulder when I went to get some bird food at the pet store. He was the same size as Skippah but he was sooooo affectionate and playful I was wondering whats wrong with Skippah, who is quite standoffish and quiet all the time. He didnt want to get off my shoulder and walked up and down my arm singing and dancing and trying to please me so he could stay with me. I am thinking I want a bird that isn't considered a pest here. We need to organize an international egg swapping scheme.

OP
Redballoon

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I am too lazy to start a new thread.
Here is Skippah in his new Summer house.

Skippahoutside003.jpg

He had Gilligan pop in for a visit.
Skippahoutside019.jpg

I only put him in the cage when I am sitting outside. I am not prepared to walk away from the cage as it has no bottom and he may dig his way out if got the idea into his head. He seems to head for the sunny bits so I think he is getting some benefit from it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts