Domnijoe - The Art Studio and Bird Herder's Residence

Got a bunch of things for the birds today. food toys, new bowls. Biggest of all was the seagrass mat with toys attached to it. The birds - specifically Chara and Redshift - seem to be enjoying it. Charlie stares at it as if it's gonna eat him. LOL!!

View attachment 58749
My cockatiel, Shifty, is always suspicious of new toys 🙄.
He's even becoming suspicious of me now thinking I'm going to put him away all the time. He hates being put away, it can be an effort sometimes

Got more bird pix for everybirdy! First, Charlie with actual CHEST FEATHERS!

Charlie and his new chest feathers.jpeg

Redshift and Chara:

Chara and Redshift.jpeg

And Moon :D (Ignore the mess on the bottom of the birdcage. It was cleaned htat evening....)

Moon eating.jpeg

AND I GOT AN UPDATE ON VORTEX! Vortex is a hen! Yippie! I got first choice on the sex of the baby as there was a boy and a girl. :D

Sorry for being so quiet lately. Been feeling pretty tired and thus, been in bed most of the time.

:)

SO the science fiction/fantasy convention I'm going to starts on the 17th and I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKING nervous. It's been 2 years since my last convention and I'm helping out with one of the big fundraisers while there. I'm also selling some of my art in for the form of stickers.

WHile I'm gone, the birds are going to be alone. It's for 2-3 days, but they'll be okay. Redshift, especially, knows the routine. I leave them extra food and water and they are okay. :) I'm gonna miss them, tho.

Hey what's the latest with your pionus?
She - Vortex - should be able to come home in about 2 weeks, according to the breeder. **Flails like Kermit the Frog with excitement**

Oh my goodness she is so adorable.
How far is she from you? A long drive?
She's being shipped from a province away, from Prescott, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba. I believe the airline being used is Westjet and should take a few hours to get here. I'm nervous as heck, especially if there's a delay. Last time i had an animal shipped there was an hour delay and my friend who was driving me had to drive around and find a restaurant until the bird was put through and stuff.

How big do pionus parrots get? Are they about the same size as a conure? I've never been around one.

How big do pionus parrots get? Are they about the same size as a conure? I've never been around one.
They're quite chunky birds. The same size as a cockatiel (perhaps a bit bigger) length wise, but they have a really short tails, so most of their size is their body. White caps, the smallest of the pionus in captivity, are bigger than senegals and if I remember, sun conures. They're considered a 'medium' sized bird.

So did some shopping in preparation of Vortex. Got some Roudybush small (maintenance) and Zupreem for the smaller dinosaurs. Most of my shipping fee's been sent to the breeder. Just waiting on the total amount before I give the breeder the remaining 50-75 $$. I'm SOOOOO excited! :D.

So did some shopping in preparation of Vortex. Got some Roudybush small (maintenance) and Zupreem for the smaller dinosaurs. Most of my shipping fee's been sent to the breeder. Just waiting on the total amount before I give the breeder the remaining 50-75 $$. I'm SOOOOO excited! :D.
How many days are left?

How many days are left?
Not sure. I won't know until the breeder is certain Vortex is 100% weaned. I'm thinking, no longer than 2 weeks :D.

Okay.... Bird is officially paid off and Vortex is weaned. Breeder wants to keep Vortex another week or two to completely ensure she's eating on her own, as Vortex is going to be shipped and the breeder wants to nip any problems in the butt if any should come up before she comes home to me. I'm SO excited! Now to get some zip ties to fix up some last minute aspects of Vortex's new cage :D .

Turns out the breeder is going to ship Vortex in the next week.. week and a half. Sweet! We just traded shipping information.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back