OP
SennieSlave

SennieSlave

Dec 8, 2013
UK
Parrots
Senegal
Thanks Mayden.
Neighbours haven't said anything before but I don't really want to give them an excuse to. He's a spiteful little man and would complain just for the sake of it.

Well, it's been 2 hours since bedtime and he's just stopped screaming in the past 5 minutes (fingers crossed). I really need to desperately go to the bathroom but don't want to disturb him and set him off.

Daughter is back tomorrow and Ri is always better behaved when she is here - even though it's me he wants to be with. Maybe I'm just too boring on my own. I'm just sitting here looking through Northern Parrots website, getting him his Christmas pressies. Unfortunately, they don't do gags. ;)

Ringing the vet tomorrow and will try and get him there this week. Have to fit it around my dog's vet visits and need to get someone to drive me. Ah, the stress. :eek:

I don't drive either, getting to the vets is a pain. I use a taxi in emergencies but unfortunately that's £20 each way (and they've moved slightly further now!) :( Is the screaming any better when Ri is around?

I was going to suggest earplugs, but if he's screaming despite being ignored, I think that's more... putting a plaster on a gunshot wound? :21: I think the screaming is probably down to boredom and his routine being so similar. Have you swapped out toys and things recently? Maybe he needs it, or a toy is winding him up!

Do you have a room thats generally 'off limits' to him? Maybe setting him up there for a while might help too.

I also use scarlettsparrotessentials by the way, I think they're great for toys and things (just incase you fancied browsing elsewhere!) :)

Please keep us updated on the vet visit anyways.

He's had so many new toys lately - he ignores them all. He's never been a parrot who will play for long on his own but, now he wont even play if I try to involve him in something. It's like he can't concentrate for long enough. He reminds me of a kid with ADHD (my daughter had it when young) - like a child who won't sit still for a second and just wants to run with their arms out, like aeroplanes, barging into everyone. He won't even spend a minute now with a toy - not even to just destroy it. I was sitting earlier building bricks for him, when I realised I was doing it alone and he was not in the slightest bit interested. He was instead, running like a maniac biting whatever was in his path. He has swings, foraging toys, shredding toys, foot toys etc etc - he won't spend a minute on any of them. My bras, however, are apparently fascinating and only there to be killed.

Sorry - Ri is the parrot. He's a little better behaved when daughter is here (makes me out to be a liar). But he still wants to be with me all the time - even though he seems to hate me when he is. Maybe he just wants an audience.

Thanks for the website - shall have a look later and see what they have to keep him busy.

Most Reactions

Latest posts