Eclectus Parrots

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Has anyone else noticed a lot of baby Ekkie owners joining this forum lately? They are so cute, and adorable!!! There must be a lot of them for sale right now in the United States. I hope the breeders are properly educating these people on what they are in for. I love Nico, and adore him but at times he can be a real handful.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I've been noticing quite a few new ekkie people joining lately too. I love it! I'm so glad they're here. So much great information and experience to be found. If not for this forum, I know I would never have felt comfortable enough to adopt my first boy, Patches. It was a tremendous learning curve for me at the beginning, starting out as a sadly uninformed amazon owner. I adored him right from the start, but ekkies were WAAAAAY above my skill set until I did lots of research. They are such amazing, unique birds. So many common traits among them, but also completely different personalities from one to the next. It's those eyes that get me every time. ❤️ I'm currently amazingly blessed with arguably the sweetest ekkie boy on the planet. :) Of course, it's a lot of work to live up to his expectations, but I'm happy to be his slave! Totally worth it.

Last edited:

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
Has anyone else noticed a lot of baby Ekkie owners joining this forum lately? They are so cute, and adorable!!! There must be a lot of them for sale right now in the United States. I hope the breeders are properly educating these people on what they are in for. I love Nico, and adore him but at times he can be a real handful.
Oh I haven't noticed but it must be true if you're recognizing this!
I've heard that eclectus parrots are really challenging birds sometimes with their diet, hormones, etc.
It must be a lot of fun at the same time though because of their bright personalities, while also have their chill moments.
Either way, yes I agree. I hope ekkie breeders or parrot breeders in general are properly educating new owners, but if any doubt, at least they'll be joining this forum to get to know more hopefully!

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
Yep! What happens here is every bird tends to have a season, there are ebbs and flows to the dominant birds of the month. There was a mini bump in Ekkie participation maybe 2 years ago. More recently there’s been a bit of a focus on smaller birds: cockatiels, budgies and the like. I vaguely recall a bumper crop of Amazon owners once upon a time as well. And macaws of course get a season quite frequently.

Stick around long enough and you’ll notice there are in fact trends :)

OP
kme3388

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I've been noticing quite a few new ekkie people joining lately too. I love it! I'm so glad they're here. So much great information and experience to be found. If not for this forum, I know I would never have felt comfortable enough to adopt my first boy, Patches. It was a tremendous learning curve for me at the beginning, starting out as a sadly uninformed amazon owner. I adored him right from the start, but ekkies were WAAAAAY above my skill set until I did lots of research. They are such amazing, unique birds. So many common traits among them, but also completely different personalities from one to the next. It's those eyes that get me every time. ❤️ I'm currently amazingly blessed with arguably the sweetest ekkie boy on the planet. :) Of course, it's a lot of work to live up to his expectations, but I'm happy to be his slave! Totally worth it.
Nico is a sweetheart to me, and a little green monster to my husband :ROFLMAO: I would try to help anyone adopting, or buying an Ekkie (or any parrot for that matter) as well. I just can't get over how cute baby Ekkie's are. I missed all of the baby stuff when I adopted Nico. I'm overly excited to see how the baby's grow up if the owners stay active on the forum.

Most Reactions