Entertain a Macaw for hours

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Ok so maybe not hours but so far its been one. I have always used the Grapevine Wreaths but today i kicked it up a little. I put the wreath on the table and filled it with Cheerios , Nuts , Dried fruit , Pumpkin seeds and Popcorn. He watches me and could not help himself. He made his way to the table and tried to help LOL
I used a few tie wraps and secured it to his Play gym and he has been climbing all over it for a hour now .
Funny thing is most of what he is pulling out he just drops. He is having way to much fun finding stuff.
I guess I made up for the rubber chicken I put in his cage last week........ yeah he hates that. :D

He is to scruffy looking right now. Serious he looks like crap. Between molt and I have been using detox he is not a pretty site. He would be upset with me . BUT give me a few weeks and a new improved BB will emerge. I hope anyway.

I called the vet last week. He still does not have feathers around his neck :( . He said it maybe perm damage to them and never grow them there. He has down but no feathers. Never seen him pluck .

I use to get kinda frustrated. All these Perfect feathered birds being posted and I struggle with BB . But Ya know what Jerseywendy ..... I so love this guy

Just for you JerseyWendy

Cell phone does not take good pics
And they are upside down lol
christinenc2000-albums-new-picture14769t-20150613-171943.jpg

christinenc2000-albums-new-picture14768t-20150613-172654.jpg

Ya know, your earlier post had me all choked up. It is SO obvious and apparent just how much you love your BB! :smile015:

Thank you so much for the photos!! He sure looks quite proud of himself, and QUITE GORGEOUS, so I have no idea what you were talking about that he's not in perfect feathers. And who cares if he isn't. His personality is what's important, and his eyes are speaking volumes, HAHAHAH. :D

He is a cutie! Love that he is enjoying himself! ;)

Your BB is so beautiful! Your lucky to have eachother ��

He is to scruffy looking right now. Serious he looks like crap. Between molt and I have been using detox he is not a pretty site. He would be upset with me . BUT give me a few weeks and a new improved BB will emerge. I hope anyway.

I called the vet last week. He still does not have feathers around his neck :( . He said it maybe perm damage to them and never grow them there. He has down but no feathers. Never seen him pluck .

I use to get kinda frustrated. All these Perfect feathered birds being posted and I struggle with BB . But Ya know what Jerseywendy ..... I so love this guy

As any mother would!!

Once a bird mom always a bird mom
And no matter what our "kids" go through we are there for them
My 3 kids have taught me the best kind of love...unconditional.
:blue::red::blue:

I think I'm going to have to borrow this idea and use it as a HUGE swing/foraging toy!!!

Love the pictures too, BB is having the time of his life !

5 Dollars seems like a steal!
I really gotta try this out ;) ;)

I think I got the idea from Birdman - Mark when I first joined here. That wreath and Phone books are his go to toys.

Nope not treated at all. So far BB has not really chewed on it. He just picks out what ever I hide in it and climbs all over it.

Plan on trying one for a swing next. This one is just tied to his play gym

Actually if its treated it should say it on the tag. Most are not treated.

Wonderful foraging toy idea, and obviously, BB thinks so too.

Christine, BB is beautiful, inside and out. He looks great, and more importantly, he looks happy.

Can't wait to see the new wreath swing.

Yeah, I used to do that one with the dollar store wreaths for Sweepea... it holds their attention for a long time, and it's not expensive.

I use a baby link and just put it through one of the vines to hang...

And it doubles as a swing perch that way... (a swing perch that doesn't last long, but who cares it was only a dollar...)

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back