Will My Conures Be Okay After Exposed to Fumes?

LRit214

May 25, 2024
Parrots
Conures
My son was outside using paint thinner, got some on his shorts and went into the room where the birds were to ask his brother something. He was in there for a couple of minutes before I noticed the smell. I freaked out, sent him to the basement, opened doors and turned on our attic fan, put the birds in a different room across the house with 2 air purifiers on full blast. The smell went away pretty quickly. It’s been an hour since I moved them and they seem okay. Did I do enough or could they still show signs of sickness?

It sounds like you took quick and appropriate action to minimize the potential harm to your birds. Paint thinner fumes can be harmful to birds' respiratory systems, so moving them to a different room with air purifiers was a good move. Keep an eye on your birds for any signs of distress or illness, such as difficulty breathing, unusual behavior, or decreased activity. If you notice any concerning symptoms, it would be best to contact a veterinarian who specializes in avian care for further advice. Additionally, make sure the room where the birds were exposed to the fumes is well-ventilated and thoroughly cleaned to remove any remaining residue.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back