Everything is a toy - a journal by Nico and I

OP
S

sweetpeamusic

Mar 4, 2018
Washington State
Parrots
Nico - male Turquoise GCC
Here's a video I recorded today of Nico dancing and singing along to "Have It All" by Jason Mraz… I've been singing this a lot the last couple of days :) He likes the barre chords.
-M

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8euYIHpqw"]Have It All with Nico - YouTube[/ame]

OP
S

sweetpeamusic

Mar 4, 2018
Washington State
Parrots
Nico - male Turquoise GCC
We're back after a looooonnnggg hiatus!
Nico is going through puberty and it makes for a very cranky boy. He's super territorial about his cage, and does a very macho male strut when he climbs to the top of it. He's an absolute monster when it comes to scritches, when I hold out a toy he uses it to scratch himself XD Sometimes he can't decide if he really wants to be pet or if he feels like being left alone! It's been snowing here in Bellingham so we've been staying inside… He's a good cuddler when he's not nipping everywhere.
Over winter break he stayed with a trusted bird-sitter all the way in Bothell (dropping off and picking up was a whole day affair since I don't have a car), and he learned to eat his vegetables there! Now I can just chuck some thawed frozen veggies into his food bowl and he'll just go at it :) His favorite is corn of course (he has a sweet beak) but he'll eat peas, carrots, and beans as well.
I received a Pak-o-Bird for Christmas… That's how you know my little baby is spoiled rotten! He took to it immediately, and it's so nice that I won't have to shove his old cat carrier into a cardboard box to keep him warm anymore. He does still prefer being snuggled up in my coat to being in a carrier though.

-M

Most Reactions