Female umbrella cockatoo for adoption

t_clark233

Aug 11, 2018
I have a female umbrella cockatoo that I rescued from a disabled older gentleman that was being put in a nursing home. I have had Lola for about 3 years. I have had other parrots in the past but my family has just not adjusted to her. My grandchildren visit often and are terrified of her. She only likes me. She is healthy and on occasion lays eggs. She is on a Harrison’s pellet diet per my avian vet. I would like to find her a home with an experienced cockatoo owner.She is 19 years old. I live in Tennessee.

Last edited by a moderator:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
It sounds like she is very hormonal and that negative behaviors are stemming from that..How/where do you pet her?
How much light does she get?
What kinds of toys does she have?

PS: I have a cockatoo, but I don't have the money for 2 of them...Just makes me sad.

Last edited:

CharlieAndMom

Sep 12, 2021
Parrots
Adult Male Quaker
I have a female umbrella cockatoo that I rescued from a disabled older gentleman that was being put in a nursing home. I have had Lola for about 3 years. I have had other parrots in the past but my family has just not adjusted to her. My grandchildren visit often and are terrified of her. She only likes me. She is healthy and on occasion lays eggs. She is on a Harrison’s pellet diet per my avian vet. I would like to find her a home with an experienced cockatoo owner.She is 19 years old. I live in Tennessee.
I'm looking for an umbrella.... I'm always home, am a writer, so I work here. We have a large family. My kids are all teens. I'm reasonably close.... Could you message me?

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Are you still looking for a home for Lola ? I am looking for an umbrella and have raised one in years past.

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Are you still looking for a home for Lola ? I am looking for an umbrella and have raised one in years past.
I miss the attitude and spy lines of a U2. I live alone and don’t work and my large house is too quiet. I need a U2 to keep me on my toe. The one I had years ago was named marshmallow and she would argue with my son. I would just laugh and laugh.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
This thread is now 3 years old, and OP hasn't been around the forum in over a year. That said, their last post was in 2020, again looking for a home for the umbrella. Possible they still have her, but not likely to see inquiries given length of absence. Worth a shot, I suppose...

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
Hi
I miss the attitude and spy lines of a U2. I live alone and don’t work and my large house is too quiet. I need a U2 to keep me on my toe. The one I had years ago was named marshmallow and she would argue with my son. I would just laugh and laugh.
Hi! Teresa Clark(t_clark233) may still have her cockatoo! She listed it for sale, April, this year!
She uses, t_clark233 on many sites!
Caution! One site is a known infected site that will really mess up your computer/phone!
It is, sub#alfai#ztec#h I added the #!
Not her fault! She is a victim too!

Most Reactions

Latest posts