Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh no, Laura. Sending prayers that they figure it out and let you go home this evening. Is there someone you can count on if they keep you? I wish I lived near you.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
My parents are elderly and its a little difficult for them as I've been sent to the big city hospital about hour away .. but they think they could get a ride here

They can take care of my dogs.......not really the birds .

So let's hope they do all their tests flush me with fluids . Make kidneys happy and send me home....all I can think is I want t to go home

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Dearest Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this! Praying that an effective treatment can be found that will allow you to return to your flock tonight πŸ™ Big hugs, much love and strength to you, my friend! ❀️

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Home with babies. Feel a little better.
Search for answers will continue. Seems to be partly a reaction to my treatment yesterday, plus recovering from my infection plus made a ton of new stones...
Kidneys not happy enough said. But we Jolly them along get them back to happy
So happy to me home ! Getting loved on by fur and feather babies

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm so glad you're home, you must be so relieved to be back with all your babies.
I hope they will get this sorted soon so that the issue is fixed.
Sending prayers and many hugs.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome home Laura, glad you're feeling a bit better. Sending waves of healing energy and hugs, may the docs find answers and treatment options swiftly! ❀️

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
unfortunately...some of my tests were inconclusive...

And because we have a great cancer center with all the bells and whistles and Inhouse testing. My case is being transferred there. Without telling me I have the big C.. just tgst I definitely have something going on.....kidney doctor will be called in as well.

So kinda blasted me out of the sky on this pretty spring day....wasn't expecting this news

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I'm sorry about your health issues. I hope you are feeling better now. Yes, you are 100% correct if you don't feel right keep pushing for answers. Get second opinions, and even third if needed. These are our bodies, and we only get one chance at this life. Making sure all options, and resources are used is so important. If we don't fight for our own bodies no one else will is my theory. I'm soft spoken so I'm walked all over easily. I've learned in life that speaking up when it comes to my health is so important.

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
I'm sending all my love and prayers, I'm so sorry to hear about all this. I think the worst thing is not getting any answers when you go in for help. That's the thing I always fear the most, because you can't DO anything if nobody knows what the problem is! :(

Get well!! Feel better!!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Well is was scary, the doctor even held my hand!!!! Before telling me all thus stuff... I thought he was offering to shake my hand so reflex offered then he held to tell me this stuff....
So you know that extra freaks me out ...thst this was hand holding news! Even tho telling me chances are low its tge bad stuff......but thst irs definitely some kind of stuff....thst no one can figure out

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Well is was scary, the doctor even held my hand!!!! Before telling me all thus stuff... I thought he was offering to shake my hand so reflex offered then he held to tell me this stuff....
So you know that extra freaks me out ...thst this was hand holding news! Even tho telling me chances are low its tge bad stuff......but thst irs definitely some kind of stuff....thst no one can figure out
Oh gosh the hand holding would scare me too! I also think being in maybe-bad-news-limbo is such an awful feeling - like, you can't DO anything about it or even process feelings. Which makes things more scary and hard.

Most Reactions

Latest posts