First Chicken Bone

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Whats the specs on feeding chicken bones to my TAG? How often? WHat kind of bones are ok? Can you rinse the bones that had sauce on them, if you de-bone the chicken before putting my germs on it? Thanks for the help. What else do people feed for treats in training and everyday?

bobcarson776

Dec 16, 2016
Eastern NJ
Parrots
Charles, Wendy
Best of luck with that - mine won't go near them for some odd reason. He never liked them! Each has it's own distinct likes and dislikes it seems...

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Hi, if you give a few bones of a well cooked chicken, I would want it to be one I had cooked myself with some meat still on, it becomes an activity and a meal for your parrot.

Well cooked chicken provides Phosphorus essential for heart and kidney function among others.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I give chicken leg bones to my fids. Smokey my TAG would literally RIP them from my hand when she saw I had one. didn't matter if there was BBQ sauce on it or not.
Anytime I had chicken I'd make sure to save/give them a bone..Amy loves 'em too. BB...well he runs from them...they are usually bigger than he is lol.

Jim

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Salty LOVES a chicken bone. In fact he recognizes the KFC bucket now, and starts dancing around on his boing, knowing he will get a leg or thigh bone. I take all the meat off those, if they are from kfc. If we make the chicken, he gets a few little pieces. No beef, pork though. Or shellfish. We dont eat fish in our house ( the wife hates fish) but i think fish is OK.

Most Reactions

Latest posts