Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Well I pot this little "bucket" like thing with a lid that comes off and you put a treat in it cover it with the lid and the bird has to remove the lid to get the treat. Well Popsicle loves this little thing so I took a video of her taking the lid off to get her carrot. So here it is.

Hope this works can't remember how to do it.

Last edited:
Aww Tracy that's so cute. Sisqo hates to forage, or else I just haven't found the right toy for him. Right now he has a pinata that's been sitting in his cage for about 3 weeks that's still completely intact. When I first put it in, he went right over to it and played with the hook & chain and chewed on the paper part a little, but when he realized it wasn't wood he left it alone.

I've also tried covering his food dish with paper when I give him his breakfast, but he wants nothing to do with that either.

I dunno, I think maybe he's just a wood kinda guy

That is just brilliant, I love how popsicle is sitting there watching you, until you get too close to the bucket, :D Absolutely brilliant.

Nicole Bucc is a bit like that, so I've got some old wooden toy and stuffed food, fruit and veggies in it, Bucc loves that one. Kito well if its in his cage its meant to be eaten. :eek: chains, rope, anything. :D

The little thing is made of wood, needless to say she has the lid chewed up on it. My two love wood stuff as well and hate to forage this is the first thing she would actually use. Gonna get one for Pepsi this weekend and see if she will use it. I had gotten Pepsi a toy made of like hard cardboard that she had to get through to get the wooden blocks inside, she loved that!!!

That is a really cute video. Where did you get that little toy from? We are constantly looking for "smarter" toys for Hamlet to play with.

I got it at a store called Parrotdise Perch. They have a website:

http://www.parrotdiseperch.com/parrot/index.php

They have some great toys for foraging and toys to get them to stimulate their brains. Going there on Saturday to spoil the babies!! Actually my now fiancee picked it out, he thinks its great and wants to put a bunch in the cage!!!

Last edited:
Congrats Tracy! I think you should buy him a bird as an engagement present ;)

As long as he knows that he don't just get me. I'm a package deal and come with 1 cat, 1 gerbil, 1 bearded dragon, 2 hermit crabs, and 2 parrots!!!
Get him a bird as an engagement present, :33: hmmm I'd be all for it but I think he would rather something useless like a socket set. :rolleyes:

Yeah Tex we'll start the fiancee's who own parrots club. Woo Hoo:p

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back