GCC avoiding veggies in bird chop

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Hi. I recently noticed that Cosmo is avoiding veggies. I put cucumber, carrots, bell peppers and spinach in his food and I add some quinoa, rice and lentils. When I serve it to him I sprinkle it with some oats and chia seeds. He likes veggies and he doesn't reject them, but recently he only really goes for the rice, oats and lentils. Is it healthy to cut those out and leave him with just the veggies? Maybe I'm freaking out and he actually is eating veggies, but it doesn't seem like that whenever I watch him eat.

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Hi. I recently noticed that Cosmo is avoiding veggies. I put cucumber, carrots, bell peppers and spinach in his food and I add some quinoa, rice and lentils. When I serve it to him I sprinkle it with some oats and chia seeds. He likes veggies and he doesn't reject them, but recently he only really goes for the rice, oats and lentils. Is it healthy to cut those out and leave him with just the veggies? Maybe I'm freaking out and he actually is eating veggies, but it doesn't seem like that whenever I watch him eat.
I find that they go for their favourite foods first, but will eventually eat the rest if it's there and they're hungry. Does he eat pellets? If so then you can probably cut out the carbs and leave him with the veggies. My chop consists of just vegetables with some nuts and then they have pellets available too, sometimes I mix them in the chop and it seems to get them to eat it

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
I find that they go for their favourite foods first, but will eventually eat the rest if it's there and they're hungry. Does he eat pellets? If so then you can probably cut out the carbs and leave him with the veggies. My chop consists of just vegetables with some nuts and then they have pellets available too, sometimes I mix them in the chop and it seems to get them to eat it
I told myself that too, he usually eats almost everything in his bowl. We are working on finding pellets, they seem to not be available in our country. As soon as I find them I will start making the bird chop more veggie! Thank you<3

Most Reactions

Latest posts