Georgies bath time

Victoriald

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2024
Messages
32
Reaction score
25
Parrots
Indian ringneck (Georgie)
Georgie will not bathe by himself so I have to do it 😂 He's such a beautiful bird
 

Attachments

  • 20251008_133506.webp
    20251008_133506.webp
    128.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 20251008_133430.webp
    20251008_133430.webp
    129.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 20251008_133503.webp
    20251008_133503.webp
    132.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20251008_135151.webp
    20251008_135151.webp
    101.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20251008_134709.webp
    20251008_134709.webp
    167.8 KB · Views: 133
What a gorgeous boy! How do you bathe him? My budgies won't bathe unless I give them a "shower" bath under the kitchen sprayer and I either hold a small plate under the tap or I hold my hands under the tap while they bathe. A bowl of still water isn't good enough! Some of them like when I hold a large leaf of romaine lettuce and use it to splash water on them from a bowl of water.
 
He will only come to me if I bathe him. I put luke warm water in the sink and run the tap at the same time and wash his face then place him in the shallow warm water but he doesn't know how to bathe/flap and wash himself so I have to do it. He's not a fan, then I spray his plumage with plumage spray. He always feels better after and looks so much better.
Awwwe my budgie used to love a bath too. 😍 Funny creatures aren't they
 
We go for the full shower downpour, im having to provide an extended arm at the minute while I source one of those shower perches.

Just careful with the 'too soggy to fly' bit after
 
Beautiful. Glad he enjoys his baths.
 
**Sings** Splish splash, I was taking a bath!

Awesome pix! Thanks for sharing :D.
 
Gorgeous bird, these guys are flying around in my home town.
 
My budgies actually bath by themselves. After I fill the bath with bottled water (I have very hard water) the Conures get first dibs due to temperament, then the Quaker if interested the the budgies if interested go in if they are in the mood. The budgies learned by watching the bigger birds.
 
Where do you live where you're lucky enough to have parrots at your feeders? Here in the States we had one native parrot- a gorgeous conure like a jenday called the Carolina Parakeet that traveled in huge flocks in the southeast and Mid-Atlantic states but leave it to the Colonists to hunt it to extinction by the early decades of the 1900s.
 
Where do you live where you're lucky enough to have parrots at your feeders? Here in the States we had one native parrot- a gorgeous conure like a jenday called the Carolina Parakeet that traveled in huge flocks in the southeast and Mid-Atlantic states but leave it to the Colonists to hunt it to extinction by the early decades of the 1900s.
I live in Duesseldorf. Germany.
 
Back
Top Bottom