Pampa

May 24, 2018
Northern Ca
Parrots
Jazzy Pizazzy, Jenday Conure ~
Corbin, Nanday Conure (little Crow) ~
Lucky & Mojo, the Budgies ~
Pampa Blue Crown Conure lost 6/18/2019 ☹️
I am sitting her enjoying the first interaction of my birds. It is interesting to me. I have Pampa my Blue Crown and I got a Peach Fronted that I hope to be Pampa’s friend someday. They have been in the same room now for a month and Pitido, my PFC, has started speaking English repeating the same phrases that Pampa says. I now have two birds asking me “what are you doing” hundreds of times a day. This weekend is the first time they have simultaneously been out if their cages and right now is athe first time they have interacted with each other. Pampa is playing on the play stand I got for Pitido and Pitido is acting like he wants to join Pampa but is not quite confident enough. However Pitido is playing on his cage, something he has not done before. Usually he just stands around showing little curiosity. Pampa then went to the top of Pitido’s cage and they quietly started kind of mildly fighting. Leaning towards each other and touching beaks. I’d go “hey” and they stopped for a minute. After three times I got Pampa and brought him to me in the chair by Pitido’s cage. Pampa was not aggressive towards me and easily stepped up. Now they are both preening. Pampa on my shoulder and Pitido on top of his cage a couple feet from me. I think this was an okay beginning. Am I wrong? I did not feel like they were seriously fighting. Just minor posturing.

Most Reactions