Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Gah! How did I miss this thread! It hurts not only because I LOVE this thread and wish I hadn't been so late to the party... but also because the race was in Jersey! And BEFORE my surgery! I so would've gone! Please let me know if he's ever competing in Jersey again. If at all possible, I'd head out that way to cheer him on.

Please give him a belated congratulations from me!
Thank you, I will tell him. We will likely be heading back to Jersey this summer. One of the meets there is his opportunity to be formally classified by paralympic standards. We're pretty sure how he'll be classed, but it's a process. Anyway, we'd love to see you when we get there!

Also, we're planning for him to compete at Junior Nationals in July. It's in Denver this year (2020) A major trip, but he's determined.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Summer? Perfect! I should be fully recovered and doing backflips by then! (Possible slight exaggeration, there.) Paralympics classification, eh? Is it a long process?

And where in Jersey in the event?

Junior Nationals! That's awesome! Bet he's looking forward to it!

Most Reactions