Goldenfeast Veggie Crisp Delite - How much, how healthy?

dhraiden

Jul 14, 2015
Queens NY
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure (Mochi)
Gold Capped Conure (Mango)
Hey hey forum-goers,

We want our GCC Mochi to eat more veggies, and have had good success with the Garden Veggie variety of Nutri-Berries. Recently we purchased some of Goldenfeast's Veggie Crisp Delight, which to my reading sounds like it has a fair amount of fried ingredients (duh, hence the crisp!) It has received all positive feedback on its amazon page.

Does anyone else on the forums have any experience with this particular variety of Goldenfeast? We're running low on the South American Preservation blend, which she really enjoys (albeit selectively, Mochi cares not for the bigger date, fig, or apricot pieces, unless they're shredded and hand-fed!

Thanks for your input in advance!

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I don't have experience with it, but the fact that Dextrin and salt are pretty high on the ingredient list would make me skeptical of feeding it. Dextrin is derived from a sugar and its benefit to food is to make things "crispy" and increase crude fibre content, and salt never good for birds in large amounts. So those two things make me go "meh".

If I were to buy it, I'd probably try each piece and see how salty/sugary they were. Sounds great in concept, but I'd personally just purchase a food dehydrator and do it myself so I'd know exactly what was in it. Plus I could make yummy treats for myself [emoji16]

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC

Most Reactions