Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}
Yet another baby Amazon has joined the Amazon Forum!

With this many baby Amazons (and newly joined Amazons), we are going to have to place a Warning above the Amazon Forum regards tons of baby and new Amazon photos ahead!

The Coloration hints of the possibility of a very special Blue-Fronted Amazon you have there. As your baby feathers out and also its next molt, there is all the signs that s/he will be one colorful Blue-Fronted Amazon!

Enjoy and Welcome Back!

Haha yes I think so! I'm warning you all for the bombardment of cute photos that I'm going to post of him as his journey continues! Watch at own risk! xD

Indeed it does! Thank you! :) I thought it was only me. Even the breeder who has been breeding these for 30 something years said that this was the only one that was extra special in terms of coloration. He kind of has the face of a regular blue front but the wing colour of a yellow winged blue front with extra vibrancy. Even his parents and the other chicks did not look like him in terms of vibrant feathers. The rest had less yellow and were noticeably less vibrant. I wonder how he'll look like in a couple years from now.. Wow! :O

470 grams, already!?! That is one big baby BFA! Remember to get your weights first thing in the Morning after the morning movement and prior to the first meal. I would have guessed a large body Yellow-Winged would pull 420 to 440 at that age! But this could be the effects of a well-feed, health baby and if all true could get into 500 to 520 range! Time will tell!

Yes! it's crazy! :O I've seen and handled many BFA babies and grown ups, but not any quite like him size-wize. He is thick, big headed and very strong! The 470 grams is weighed before the first meal in the morning. I havent really weighed him with the meal but I would guess maybe 500+ grams?
Yeah he seems really healthy and happy so I guess it's all good so far! :)

PL84

Jul 12, 2017
Finland
Parrots
2x CAG, 2x YWA, BFA, Mealy, Festive, Hyacinth, B&G, Greater Vasa, 2x Lesser Sulphur Crested
Yes! it's crazy! :O I've seen and handled many BFA babies and grown ups, but not any quite like him size-wize. He is thick, big headed and very strong! The 470 grams is weighed before the first meal in the morning. I havent really weighed him with the meal but I would guess maybe 500+ grams?

Åke the huge Mealy welcomes other big boned Zon

nsDZJ5.jpg

OP
Snabb133

Snabb133

Dec 10, 2014
Sweden
Parrots
{Kiki, Blue Front Amazon}

{Taco, Barraband Parrot}

{Emil A.K.A Rocky, Red Lored Amazon}

Åke the huge Mealy welcomes other big boned Zon

nsDZJ5.jpg

Wow how beautiful he is! Also very big and makes your african grey look tiny compared! :O

Most Reactions