Gracie wants a bigger cage

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
So I had my Macaw out on a playstand and the greys out on their cages (in the same room) and I took the Macaw with me out into the hallway to grab a drink and hear a THUD.

I figure it was Lucy flying off her cage. I was wrong, it was the little wingless Gracie. Did she fall? Or Jump? Who knows!! But she made her way over to my Macaw's cage quick as can be, climbed up and right inside it making herself at home. She went as far back as she could go so I couldn't get her out without coaxing her back outside the cage.

On another note, she's growing feathers in! There are grey feathers appearing on her back and I hope they stay!

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
She is, she snips her feathers off instead of pulling them out (so at least they can regrow!) She loves me since her vet appointment, must be like "Oh please don't take me there again!" LoL

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Gracie, having used her wings very little, will need to learn to fly once she allows the flight feathers to grow. I am so glad she did not hurt her self with this fall as she has in the past. Under your care the sisters will flourish.

OP
Safira

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
I think she jumped down. She very rarely, rarely falls and always catches herself if she starts to slip. I think she just wanted to go on a little adventure and see what that new big cage was all about! LoL. I hope she can grow back flight feathers (or just some more wing feathers) I'd love to let her fly, I think she'd enjoy it. :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts